Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    browneyz1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 08:56 AM
    12.5 Craftsman Won't Start
    What a great forum! Lots of great help available here, just wish I would have found y'all sooner! I just received from a friendly neighbor her old Craftsman 12.5 HP (B&S) lawn tractor for free. Well, it looks to be in great shape but the darn thing won't start. (already checked connections, corrosion, battery charge and they are fine) I own another one of these tractors already and was wondering could this be a stator problem? There is not even a click when the key is turned. No lights, no nothing. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    tommeitz Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by browneyz1968
    What a great forum! Lots of great help available here, just wish I would have found y'all sooner! I just received from a friendly neighbor her old Craftsman 12.5 HP (B&S) lawn tractor for free. Well, it looks to be in great shape but the darn thing won't start. (already checked connections, corrosion, battery charge and they are fine) I own another one of these tractors already and was wondering could this be a stator problem? There is not even a click when the key is turned. No lights, no nothing. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    A lot of themhave in-line fuses, Follow the wires from the key switch and it should lead you to the fuse. Good luck. tommeitz
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Yes check the fuse.. have you made totally sure the batterys good?

Try to jump the solenoid (be careful around there, no gas what so ever) with the key turned to on (and something holding the seat down, etc) and see if it'll start
    Its either a bad safety switch, or key switch or solenoid..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman rider won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Late '80's vintage 18HP, 44" rider. Been running like a champ until recently. Started running very rough a couple of weeks ago. Had to choke all the way to keep in running. Decided to start with new spark plugs to rectify. Now I don't get any spark. Turns over just fine. Amp meter on dash...

Craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father has purchased an old lawn mower for restoration. The model # is 1318430. He thinks it is a Craftsman. Anyone know where to find a picture or details.

10 HP Craftsman not starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1985 10hp craftsman lawn tractor that will not start. We have cleaned the carb, bowl, fuel filter, plug etc. If you put fuel directly into the carb, it will start and run until it has burned off that fuel It will not pull fuel through the carb though. Any suggestions?

Craftsman 4.0 hp mulcher doesn't start [ 1 Answers ]

My lawnmower will not start, it had water in the gas line so I took out all of the old gas and dried out all of the gas lines and carborator and made sure that there was no water in the line. The spark plug is new and it sounds like it wants to start but will not. After trying to start it for a...

View more questions Search