why wave function shown with and?

what is Amplitude?

what is phase angle ?

and what means cos and sin of it ?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 30, 2012, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by physic View Post
    i want to know why wave function shown with and?
    Because the is a function both of position and time 't'.

what is Amplitude?
    Yes , 'A' typically is used to mean "amplitude."

what is phase angle ?
    The phase angle defines how the magnitude of the wave is shifted relative to . So here the phase angle is .

and what means cos and sin of it ?
    This comes from:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wave function [ 3 Answers ]

Wave_function is a probability amplitude in quantum mechanics describing the quantum state... etc I want to know that what is answer of this relation : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/math/3/5/f/35f9c613d5fa8d1c5b34c8cd55180722.png I need an axplain for this relation. thanks.

Why is it important to separate accounting function from the other function? [ 0 Answers ]

Why is it important to separate accounting function from the other functions of the organization?

finding two final equation of the 1) a sine function and 2) a cosine function [ 0 Answers ]

a man is standing 14 m away from the center of a spinning wheel that is 4m off the ground, spins at 4 rotations a second and has a diameter of 3m. If the man is 1.5m tall. Find the equation of the movement of a point and then determine how close does his head get from any part of the wheel?

Wave [ 2 Answers ]

how to decide In what direction is the wave traveling from the equation? A transverse harmonic wave travels on a rope according to the following expression: y(x,t) = 0.14sin(3x + 17.5t) The mass density of the rope is μ = 0.135 kg/m. x and y are measured in meters and t in seconds. +x...

The result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function [ 6 Answers ]

I was asked to prove the result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function... prove that: 1- if f(X) inc & g(X) inc, foG inc 2-if F(X) inc & G(X) dec, foG dec 3- if F(X) dec & G(X) inc, fog dec 4- if f(X) dec & G(X) dec, fog inc please help me in that

View more questions Search