Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

May 30, 2012, 07:04 AM
    Changing my start date at new job
    Hi guys

I got a job offer today (30/05/12) My wedding is on the 17/06/12 and I'm gt back on my honeymoon on the 4th July. I asked if starting in the 5th July would be fine and they said yes. I have to have a half day unobtrusive operation and the earliest I can gt that done is 11th July which will go frm 7 am to 12pm afternoon. I didn't tely I needed to start on the 5th and they didn't ask but nw my fiancé and family are saying I'm going to be too jet lagged. Should I call them and c if I can push bk the date 1 week? I don't want to start badly or lose the job! HELP! I don't have a contract and haven't signed anything yet.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 30, 2012, 07:09 AM
    I think you are jeopardizing the job by asking - again - for a special arrangement.

Your fiancé and family think you will be too jet lagged? What do YOU think?

The economy is bad with many applicants for every position. I wouldn't chance losing the job.

You've posted about your fiance's controlling behavior and the problems it causes before. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ed-651303.html If you are a working, independent woman, why is this his choice?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2012, 10:58 AM
    My opinion you need to consider the marriage and how controlling they are.

But basically if you ask again, most likely they will just hire someone else.

You need to show up on the day you said and work as promised.
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

Jun 11, 2012, 03:53 PM
    Hey g.uys, thanks for the advice. I approached them about it and they were fine with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing a renter's rent due date [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I own a small management company that manages a single family home in the District of Columbia. For the last few years, the renters have paid their rent on the 15th of each month as outlined in their lease agreement. The owner now wants to change their due date to the first of each...

Changing of job [ 1 Answers ]

I'm changing my job my previous employer wants to cancell my visa but before that they want me to cancell my family visas do there is any option that I can switch my job without cancelling my family visas within dubai

Why does the date and time keep changing to Feb 2004? [ 6 Answers ]

The weirdest thing continues to happen- every time I restart my computer the date and time changes to Feb 2004- does this mean I have a virus?

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search