Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    massup2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 10:52 AM
    Diy thermostats honeywell
    Rth221b1000 thermostat. Apparently showing temp in celsius. How do I get to Fahrenheit?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 29, 2012, 11:19 AM
    See Section 3 Configuration Menu of the installation manual below, to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...69-2060EFS.pdf
    beldenfamily Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2013, 08:46 AM
    I have a Weathertron BAY28X138A mercury switch thermostat (~30yrs old) with one heating and one cooling lever. Trying to replace with the Honeywell RTH2300B programmable thermostat. The wires on the Weathertron are as follows:

G-Green
    Y-Yellow
    X2-Black
    B-Blue
    W-White
    T-Tan
    R-Red
    O-Orange
    U-not connected
    F-not connected

There are four contact switches on the back of the mercury switch face. One the cooling side, tan is connected to one switch, red to the other. One the hot side, red and tan to one and just one post of the mercury switch soldered to the other. There are 3 common posts on the back. White to the post on the cool side, black to the post at the bottom. On the wall one switch contacts red the other one contacts orange. The common post on the hot side contacts the tan post. The common post on the cold side contacts white. The X2 or black at the bottom contacts the center post on the wall and not sure if grounded or connected to something else on the backside of wall mount. I have pictures but cannot send through this format. In any case, what do I connect to the back of my honeywell which has O/B, Y, R, G, W?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell thermostats [ 2 Answers ]

My old honywell thermostat model #T8411R 1028 (2) appears to have died. I purchased a newhoneywell thermostat model #RTH7500 series. It was working until I changed the temperature and it stopped working. It keeps making clicking sounds but is not coming back on. I am now waiting for an...

Honeywell thermostats [ 0 Answers ]

My old honywell thermostat model #T8411R 1028 (2) appears to have died. I purchased a newhoneywell thermostat model #RTH7500 series. It was working until I changed the temperature and it stopped working. It keeps making clicking sounds but is not coming back on. I am now waiting for an...

Honeywell thermostats [ 1 Answers ]

How to hook up the colored wires to a honeywell rth7400 thermostat? It is for a trane heat pump.

Honeywell and Thermostats [ 3 Answers ]

In 1994, new constrction, a Honeywell Trol A Temp Zone Control System was installed with7 day programble Honeywell model T8600 Chronotherm III thermostats. The master thermostat on the lower level was recently replaced with a Honeywell Chronotherm IV model T8624D 2012 and now I need to replace...

Honeywell Thermostats [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I lost my manual about my thermostat and was wondering if the Filter on meant I needed to change my filter? Thanks

View more questions Search