Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmcausey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Unemployed now
    I have been a 1099 for the passed 3 years. I am now unemployed. All of my previous jobs were W2. Can I file for unemployment from previous employment with files showing all info from my W2? The company I was working for is no longer in business. The one before that is and the reason I'm not still there is they lost the contract in the state I'm in. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 29, 2012, 10:14 AM
    It doesn't hurt to file. I expect that the previous job may have been too long ago. You probably won't get credit for the "1099" work, because that is theoretically as an "independent contractor", but it should be reported and will reduce your benefit amount.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I be sued for if I'm unemployed [ 3 Answers ]

Well today I received a letter saying I need to pay 10,000 dollars to a lawfirm or be sued in half of a big bank aka wellsfargo. Ive tried talking to the banks since last year when I started falling behind explaining I couldn't make the payments because my hours were getting cut back and I had four...

Forclouser I am unemployed [ 2 Answers ]

I am temporally unemployed .im behind on my mortgage Im a veteran ,don't know where to turn for help .does anyone know what to do.

Owe but unemployed [ 2 Answers ]

How old was your debt if I may ask, I have lost my job and have been bombarded with calls from law firms (collection agents for the firm) and since I am not working and all I get is unemployment money I do want them suing me but they have not been willing to take the $50 I am offering a month that...

Unemployed [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Im having a really hard time finding a job, I'm sending out my resume, I have had a few interviews, but notheing. I keep doing my resume over and over. Im giving up, I feel ill never get a decent job. Thanks, Allison

Economy: unemployed [ 1 Answers ]

Bob is unemployed because his skills have become obsolete due to technological advances. This is a) frictional b) structural c) cyclical d) abnormal

View more questions Search