Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephramkissoon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 11:46 AM
    How to skip a grade in ny
    HI I was wondering how does my daughter skip a grade because she was held over in second grade and now she is in 7th grade going in 8th grade. Now she is suppost to be in the 8th grade going in 9th but I was wondering what do I have to do starting from next year when she begins the 8th grade if she can be swiched to the correct grade which is 9th what do I have to do ? Because she is suppost to be starting 9th grade next year .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 28, 2012, 11:57 AM
    What do you mean supposed to be? Are you referring to her age? What about academics?

Basically you need to meet with her guidance counselor and discuss what she can do academically to get back to the right age track. And I would do it now because there may be things she could do over this summer and the next to make up the courses she needs to take.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2012, 02:17 PM
    If she was "held" back she is in the grade she is suppose to be. if she is ready to skip a grade, she will have studied on her own and learned the things this year that not only what a 7th grader should know but you at home will also be teaching her things that the 8th graders study.

In her 7th grade classes she will be making straight A's. And at the end of the year tests, if that is the CAT or a CRCT or what ever they do in your area, she would have aced it also.

So if she is that good in school, you can ask the school to give her the 8th grade CAT or other test to show she knows what a 8th grader would know.

Pure age means nothing, many people are held back because they fail ( don't pass) a grade.

So does she have near perfect grades ? And have you talked to the school counselor about it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I skip a grade? [ 12 Answers ]

I am enthusiastic about attaining new knowledge in school, but my schools acceleration rate is too slow for me. For example, I can not pay attention in class but still get acceptable, even exceptional grades. On my report cards I have always made high honors (at my school this is making through a...

How can I skip a grade [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the 8th grade I got held back in the 1st grade and I wanted to know what summer stuff I can take to get to my right grade?

Can I skip my child to 6 grade to be in her right grade [ 2 Answers ]

My child work very hard she and the fourth grade need to be and fifth she feeling sad that next year she want be and six grade I do to. Can she go to summer school and skip a grade

View more questions Search