Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Evsdropr Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 11:21 AM
    Client has weird taste in website
    It really should be none of my concern, but I'm building a portfolio to showcase my work, and I've given my client the ability to update his website online as well as add widgets and stuff.

So he decided to put automatic starting church music on EVERY page on his website. Then he started using weird fonts and made the website look really bad aesthetically.

Can I do something about this? I have a limited portfolio and don't want to end up not showcasing his website on my portfolio. Could I possibly intervene and let them know that what they're doing is against web standards and stuff?

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 28, 2012, 11:34 AM
    I would send him an e-mail stating that you feel his modifications to the site are not in keeping with good website design practices. Suggest to him what you feel is wrong. Tell him that he if wants to continue using these modification then you would like your name removed from the site as developer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2012, 02:24 PM
    It is his web site and he owns it, he may put dancing babies and bunnies on it, if he wants, in fact if you are his web site designer, you would have to put them on there for him if he tells you that is what he wants.

If you do not like what he is doing, don't show you did his site.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 29, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Not much you can do you can fix stupid and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, both come to mind I see a lot of sites several for tech firms that are awful. Use your own site to be your showcase. Do not mention the bad site the client did not get the message and many may see this as a shortcoming on your part not having thought the client about web presence what is appropriate and what is not and how it will have consequences on their business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird taste in my mouth after tongue piercing [ 1 Answers ]

Ok well I noticed it two days after I got it done. I've had it for a total of 5 days now. I have braces too and I don't know If that could cause it as well. My tongue really doesn't hurt, just sore. I'm able to eat normally(but slowly). I brush my teeth and use crest pro health alcohol free mouth...

My tongue has a weird taste after my peircing [ 14 Answers ]

:confused: Okay I've had my tongue peirced for about a week and a half now and it feels fine and it doesn't hurt at all. But, I have this weird taste in my mouth and the barbell for some reason feels kinda cold is this a sign of infection if so should I switch to a titanium barbell?

I have a powdery taste in my mouth. Later, it changes to a metallic taste? [ 3 Answers ]

I get a powdery (like baby powder) taste in my mouth. I taste it every time my tongue touches my lips. About an hour later, it changes to a metallic taste and then back to powder. I am female and am not on any medication that could cause this.

Magazine Website: Getting info from my client. [ 2 Answers ]

I do this magazine website of lots of text with hyperlinks in them. My client sends me the updates in MS Word, which I convert to html and add to the site. Besides each of learning how to use a CMS with the site - or my teaching them how to use Dreamweaver to type up their stuff - is there an...

View more questions Search