Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zakattack Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 11:15 PM
    I need the truth
    I'm very interested in religion (mainly christianity). Is there any theological universities or colleges that are open minded and accepting of new knowledge. I don't want to go to a college that has its views set and refuses to accept anything that doesn't match up with what they believe. I want the real truth. Not the truth of some denomination. I'm fifteen and have been deeply driven in finding the truth. I thought I could do it on my own, I know now that's impossible. I need help,but Not the help of close minded brain washed people that refuse to learn.
    poppa0777 Posts: 104, Reputation: 11

May 4, 2007, 02:08 PM
    First of all, religion and Christianity are about as far apart as the East is from the West.
    Religion can be summed up by saying that it is a practice of following man's ideas and traditions.
    Christianity, on the other hand, is quite different. The term "Christian" was first used in the Book of Acts in the Bible. It was a term used to make fun of the disciples, saying that they "belonged to Christ". Being a born again Christian is the greatest honor a human being can ever hope to have!
    There is only one way to become a Christian; to believe that Jesus came into this world to die for our sins, that He was buried and resurrected the third day. This must be a heartfelt experience, when the person believes that Jesus will forgive them of their sins, and come into their heart and life to lead and guide them. Honoring Jesus for what He has done for us includes being saved followed by water baptism, praying daily, studying the Bible, faithfully attending Church, and seeking a closer walk with the Lord.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 02:33 PM
    You want to attend a Christian college that is open minded to other teachings, that will not be denominational in approach, that accepts teachings that do not match theirs, and does not have a closed minded faculty? Is that right?

What do you suppose is going to happen when your instructor teaches something you do not agree with? Are you going to object and call that person narrow minded and brainwashed? Are you going to walk out of the class in protest?

Gordon College in Wedham, Mass. Is a Christian non denominational college. A top ranking one to boot. Christian College, Christian Colleges in America & New England - Gordon College

Coastland Univertsity in Southern CA is also a Christian non denominational college. Coastland University Southern California Homepage

When you do a web search, many will pop up. Also talk to your school's guidance counselor. That person would have resources on college you seek.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 02:43 PM
    But I will say that each college will have its beleifs, and each teacher will believe his view is right. But what I am reading is that you want to not have your viewpoint challenged, that you only want to learn what you believe,?
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

May 4, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Here is the sad thing. What you are going to get at an institution is truth laced with someone's opinion. This is why there are so many religions derived from the same Bible.
    We expect to turn on the news on TV and find truth but what we really find is truth that is biased by opinion. This is sad, but true.
    Don't be too hard on yourself thinking that you can't find truth on your own. I believe you can. James (James 1:5 I think) in the NT say that "if any of ye lack wisdom, let him [her] ask of God that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not... "
    If you believe the Bible to be the word of God, then take this promise and apply it to your life. This is not an overnight process. It may require hours praying, reading, and pondering. God promises you though, that he will give you the wisdom that you need. When you feel more comfortable with the truth that you have found, then you are more prepared to go out to supplement your learning with a higher institution.
    That being said, I agree with shygrneyzs. There will always be someone that you disagree with. The difference is that if you go in prepared, you will be able to take all the good things that feel good to you and feel true, and reject all the things that you feel are more opinion than truth. Good luck in your lifelong quest for truth. I believe that God designed it to be a lifelong process. That's the fun of it. Thoughtful prayer should be your #1 tool. Good Luck!
    empatriciad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 10:47 AM
    Here's an article entitled, "Would You Like to Know the Truth?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Truth Exist? [ 36 Answers ]

Does Truth Exist? My belief is that the truth varies with each individual. There is no truth, there is only what each person perceives to be the truth. If we are in conflict with someone regarding truth, the best thing to do would be to accept that everyone sees what they want to see...

Truth or Fact? [ 40 Answers ]

Since we use these words here now and then, I've been thinking... And although I have thoughts of my own about this... I am really interested in what everyone here may think about the difference between... TRUTH or FACT Thank you.

Will the truth hurt? [ 6 Answers ]

A little background... I have 4 daughters and divorced their dad several years ago in order to provide a better standard of living for them. He lost his job of 25 years and decided not to work again, I guess. His method of providing was to put them on whatever government program they could be on...

Isn't it the truth? [ 2 Answers ]

*Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock** (MADE IN JAPAN**)** for **6am**. While his coffeepot**(**MADE IN **CHINA**)** was perking, he shaved with his electric razor** (**MADE IN **HONG KONG**).**He put on a dress shirt** (**MADE IN **SRI LANKA**), designer jeans** (**MADE IN...

View more questions Search