Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharbear3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 09:17 PM
    How do bats get into your house
    I have a house that is 104 years old . I do not get bats in the house all the time . They use to come in about once or twice a month then I did not get any in the house for years. Now I have has a bat in the house for the last to nights. I would like help in keeping the outside and not in my house. Can you please tell me just what I am looking for so that I will know it when I see the stain. And how many entries would they have?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 27, 2012, 09:18 PM
    All you need is one tiny opening into the house. A broken vent screen... a small hole... you just need to look.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 28, 2012, 09:20 PM
    A hole the size of a quarter is big enough. Put a bright light in the attic and look around the outside of the roofline at night.
    PapillonOne Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 12:55 AM
    I believe this may be baby season for the bats so be careful if you should find the hole the bat came in not to seal it so the mother bat is outside and the baby bat is inside. For phenomenal information on bats, go to www.batworld.org Bat rescue, bat rehabilitation bat conservation and sanctuary for bats. A non-profit organization dedicated to bats!
    Their website has lots of correct information that you will find helpful and there may even be a bat rehabber in your area. Bats are dying by the thousands and are having a terrible time right now due to white nose syndrome so if you can keep from causing the death of one or two (like a mother and baby) that would be great! They do a tremendous amount of good for us (eating mosquitos and pollinating fruit trees and such) so it is important that we help take care of them. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bats in the house - what can I do? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All. Well, bat season is approaching and I need some ideas. Last summer bats got in our house. I live in an old century victorian in the country. At around 7 in the evening - bats swarm outside. It is kind of neat to watch and the bugs are almost gone when the bats are done. The...

Bats [ 3 Answers ]

How would be the best way to get bats out of attics?

Bats dying [ 2 Answers ]

I noticed this spring there were a lot more mesquites and bugs. I usually see bats flying around at night and a decent amount. I noticed I didn't see any Bats at all this year. Today I picked up the paper and there is a big article on th bats in Pa. that have a white nose fungus on it and is...

House bats [ 1 Answers ]

Do housebats in Nebraska migrate in the fall or winter? How do I get rid of them?

View more questions Search