Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    forreal Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Should I pursue this guy?
    Ok, I gave a SHY male co-worker my email and phone number on Halloween 2006 because I wouldn't see him again until March 2007. Well,This guy never called me because of his shyness(I have a spy co-worker who told me what happen). March 2007 is here and I'm going to see him again in 2 weeks.Should I still try to pursue this shy man?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 10:42 PM
    Well, the only issue here is how much are you willing to do?

You certainly can try again, though some would say doing this in the workplace is risky, especially when he's had a chance before and didn't act. Then again, my wife was once my supervisor in my work before we dated, so I know the right workplace romances can be good... its just the ugly ones that, well, are ugly.

Outside that, the point was how much are you willing to do. Maybe he'll open up. Maybe he's a lot of fun.

Just be ready to run the show a bit. And maybe always.

My wife would go nuts if she always had to initiate everything. You might run into the same problem, even if he does like you and is receptive to seeing you.

So I can't tell you not to pursue him. Id not make any decision until you see him. Check out his body language. You certainly can be welcoming and pleasant and see how he reacts.

If he's not ready to chase you a little, well... then don't be surprised if that's what you get from him, even if he is interested.

Feb 25, 2007, 10:47 PM
    A co-worker has told me that he like me but every time I talk to him.He won't look me in the eye and he's tongue tyed
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 11:02 PM
    Well, then... trusting a co-worker is maybe risky, but better than nothing I guess. Just seems a little like grade school stuff to me... bobby told jimmy to tell sarah to tell katie that bobby likes katie stuff.

BUT... hey, that doesn't mean the guy can't be right for you. Think about your past relationships and what went right and wrong. This guy seems to have problems being assertive, at least toward you. Will that drive you mad?

While relationships can progress and familiarity can make it easier, I don't think you can always assume a person will change just because they are in a relationship. So if you do hit it off you should be comfortable knowing you might have to do much of the work... as is do you want to go out tonight? What do you want to do? Do you want to fool around? What sounds like fun? Etc ad nauseum.

Now you aren't going to know anything until it happens, right? So I'm not saying don't. I'm just saying think about whether that would drive you mad. If your answer is yes, you might want to reconsider.

If you are comfortable being the aggressor, then sure, take a shot.

Feb 25, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Wow! you've brought up some good point because I've never dated ever in my life and I'm in my 30's.I keep meeting men who are shy or introvert.I want a man to pursue me for once in my life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bi guy falls for straight guy [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 34 yrs old and realized I'm bi sexual have not crossed over yet but very much on the move. 6 months I've been real close to a guy whom I've known for almost 20 years but do to the difference in age (hes 8yrs younger) we've just connected deeply over the past summer. The past month he's come...

How to get over a guy you like? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello please help me, I posted a comment a few days back about a guy I liked, briefly outlining that I liked him but KNEW nothing could happen because of the differences between us, like smokin, drugs etc! It's still on my mind 24/7 but however much I WANT him I KNOW it can't happen. At the moment...

What to do with the guy? [ 2 Answers ]

Well at the first of oct me and my boyfriend broke up after 2 months because he wanted to go back to being friends and later down the road maybe try going out again I agreed with him except I made a mistake I started missing him sooo much and I did the worst thing I told him. He told me he didn't...

View more questions Search