Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anantaC Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 08:48 PM
    Sevis
    Hi, how long does it takes for SEVIS data fix? My reinstatement to F1 as approved and I got new I 94 also but the SEVIS still was in terminated status, so the DSO posted a ticket for data fix, 1 month back. Meanwhile, I want to transfer to another school, which is giving me a scholarship. What are my options?
    dsodiary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Hello,

SEVIS Helpdesk is very backlogged. Please ask your DSO (Designated School Official) if they have asked for the ticket to be escalated. You can still transfer to the new school, as you should not be constrained due to an error of USCIS/SEVIS systems. While your SEVIS record is still terminated, if you have been reinstated then you are in good status and eligible for all F-1 benefits, such as being able to transfer schools.

You should ask your DSO to inquire with SEVIS helpdesk about your transfer and confirm that your SEVIS record will be transferred as soon as it is set back to active.
    tashmil Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 02:18 AM
    Hello,

I have one more question, it would be really helpful if you guys can answer it.

My F1 status was reinstated 2 years back when I was an undergraduate student. Now I am a graduate student and travelling abroad. I still have 1 year of valid visa and 2 years valid I20. Will I have any problem at port of entry?

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SEVIS verification [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have been trying to apply for a social security but the SSA administration keeps saying that DHS cannot verify my Active Status in SEVIS and it has been4months now. My school advisor called the SEVIS several time and they said my status is active and up to date. What should I do in order to...

Sevis help desk? [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to find out about a student on J-1 Work travel program with DS-2019 work certificate. This student here through the Alliance Abroad Group and is dissatisfied with their program and wants to leave that program to stay/visit (not work) with friends of her parents in CA. Then she would exit the...

Sevis help desk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my friend has come to USA to pursue his Masters from some University in Kentucky, then he heard about another University in New Jersey and he took transfer, later this University was found to be suspicious with the records and they closed down there branch in New Jersey. He being an initial...

Sevis record [ 2 Answers ]

Dear officer, My F1 visa ( SEVIS ) is noted by FLAG since I fallen out of staus from the school for 4 months. I had reported to SEVIS help desk through myself with my resons for that absence. I am hoping SEVIS help desk helps in Reinstating my F1...

View more questions Search