Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tgoad1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 08:15 PM
    Fresh farm eggs shelf life
    I need to know how I can increase the production of my eggs. I buy 50 lbs. of cracked corn and 50 lbs.of laying crumbles every week. We have 15 big hens and 37 smaller ones that aren't laying yet. We also have 8 hens that are just startiny to lay.We get maybe 10 eggs a day.we were getting 15 at one time. There must be a way to increase production.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 26, 2012, 11:46 PM
    A varied diet, include kitchen scraps minced up, such as pasta and rice, as well as ensuring their run is spacious.

A happy chicken lays better eggs.

What is your ultimate aim ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long do farm fresh eggs keep? [ 19 Answers ]

We got a dozen eggs from our neighbor, his father's chickens had produced more than they could all use. I'm wondering how long I can expect them to last - and how long is too long for keeping them. Also, is there a way to tell when an egg has gone bad? Thank you!

Are farm fresh eggs more watery than store bought eggs? Is the yolk a pale yellow? [ 2 Answers ]

I buy my eggs from a local farmer. But the white is runnier than the ones I buy at the store and the yolks are pale yellow almost white. Does that mean he's storing them or that he's feeding them something different.

Farm Fresh Eggs [ 1 Answers ]

What is the shelf life of farm fresh eggs as opposed to store bought eggs?

Farm fresh eggs [ 1 Answers ]

How long can washed farm fresh eggs be kept at room temperature?

View more questions Search