Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dorothystornado Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 05:02 PM
    Why do peers ask what I'm up too professionally then talk about themselves?
    I keep experiencing being asked 'what are you doing?' and 'what are you up to work-wise' right now, and there seems to be a minute of listening to my answer, then being talked over, interrupted or cut off, only to hear about the other person's life and what they've been doing, or a complete diversion to something else that's happening in the room with someone else or another conversation. I feel ashamed of even opening my mouth, and that what I am doing is not validated somehow. I also have started censoring myself, just to get something out of my mouth in case I get cut off. I have also started to ask what everyone else is up too. When I do talk about myself in length after being asked and share achievements, I sometimes get greeted with silence and a coldness. Then I find myself trying to make up for having achieved. I work in the theatre industry. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Check out some similar questions!

Was my roof installed professionally (completed pics)? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, We're completely renovating an old 2 story home and we just had the old slate roof (was totally bad) removed and replaced with 7/16" OSB and 30 yr Tamko Heritage Dimensional Shingles. Since I do not know too much about roofs, I'm asking you all for your opinions as to whether my roofer...

Peers and parents [ 0 Answers ]

Discuss the concept of first friends and the influence of parents in the child's social network.

Why is 12 of your peers [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have been struggling to find the answer to this question Why is it, in courts the normal number of 12 people that are classed as your peers and there to judge you Where did the number 12 come from? I have searched as far back as Charlemaine, which is recognised as one of the...

I want sing professionally. How do I get started? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old aspiring singer and am trying to find out how to get into the business. I sang all my life and even though I live in Music City I still have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any tips to get me started? Thanks. :)

Is my HVAC system installed professionally? [ 1 Answers ]

HVAC installation. I recently purchased a house and subsequently did major construction to it. I have a number of questions regarding the installation of the entire HVAC system. The house is approximately 2800 square feet, and originally had 2 units. Each one is 24k BTU 13 sear. The air...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.