Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redlavoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 08:05 PM
    enlarging a basment shower/ venting
    We are changing an existing shower from a 32x32 fiberglass to a 48x48 tiled in shower.
    There is a cast iron Pipe that was connected to a copper vent. It now sits in the middle of the larger area we are intending to be our shower. The vent pipe that it was connecting to is less than 30" away can we just chisel down and cap the old vent. And what would be the possible problems if we did so.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Probable problems would be a shower trap that is not vented and when you flush the toilet the shower trap water is pulled out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Venting a shower... [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! Some of you may rememebr me form the moving a toilet thread from 2 weeks ago. I am swapping the locations of the toilet and shower. The old shower drain/vent is now removed/capped where necessary, and the new toilet drain/vent is in place. I now need to add a shower drain/vent where the...

Enlarging shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am in the process of enlarging my downstairs bathroom in a tri-level home. I am moving the drain to center it in the shower. I have removed the old concrete and moved the drain about 18 inches. We would like to drop the shower floor a couple of inches as I am very tall and the bathroom has...

Shower venting [ 3 Answers ]

Need to move my old bathtub drain to previous center area of tub for new shower. The new shower drain is 2". The toilet 3" drain is too close -7 in- to put in fittings unless I attach sort of upstream- flow would be in a U. 2 in drain from sinks is 2ft away. Can I put shower connection on this...

Basement shower venting [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here but a long time DIY'er. I'd like to know how would a basement shower drain be vented, when it is buried in the ground? What I mean is what would be the standard connections? Would you use a wye after the drain trap, with the other outlet connected to the vent line, or should the...

Toilet/Shower - Venting [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling 2 bathrooms into one. I am moving a few things around, but my question is. I had a 3" vent that went up a wall in between the 2 bathrooms, well I had to do away with it. It was at the end of the line of the rough in and 2 toilets were connected right near it. My question, there...

View more questions Search