Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Princess-IMYM Posts: 239, Reputation: 6

May 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
    How can I make them understand?
    I'm in my first year at university in England (actually my last exam was the 25th of may so I guess my year is finished) and I live in halls. I've become close friends with several people but recently I'm starting to lose my patience.
    I'm a night owl, someone who lives nocturnally, I sleep from 5am to 2pm or 10am to 4pm, it differs. But my friends, especially the one I'm closest to, keep going on and on and on at me, they knock on my door when I'm in the middle of sleeping yelling "You know its 3 o'clock right?" yes. Yes I do. I don't expect them to have the same pattern as me but why do they insist that they need to wake me up and lecture me on my 'unhealthy' sleeping habits? I have tried 'setting it right' but I wake up at ridiculous hours of the morning and can't function, I get agitated and end up sleeping twice a day just, that is unhealthy. Another thing they just can't grasp is that sometimes I do not wan't to be social, this can range from a day to a whole week, they get angry at me and keep telling me I need to change and fix myself but they seem to forget the whole three months I spent with them EVERY SINGLE DAY.
    I'm worn out, I need my own time to rest and recharge. How can I get them to understand that there isn't anything wrong, they don't need to have an intervention every time I say I don't want to go out, it's driving me mad.

Check out some similar questions!

Make my boyfriend understand [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Im from India. I and my boyfriend are in relationship for the past 3 years. I love him a lot. I can't live without him. I wanted to marry him this year and start family. But due to our custom in the community he wanted me to go to UK for education with him and later marry. I had so much...

I want some body to make me understand [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know if I am a gay or not some times I feel that I am a lady and I am a happy and other time ifeel that I am a man

Can't make my wife understand . When it gets hotter outside [ 12 Answers ]

Can't make my wife understand... when it gets hotter outside, We have to raise the thermostat inside. Is there a normal/average range difference from outside to inside ? Say if it's 90 deg outside... inside should be 78 deg... or diff of 12 deg. Thanks

Make me understand [ 17 Answers ]

OK so I have a question/problem. But before I get into it I just want to let everyone know that I don't believe in god, that's why I need opinions from people who do (the more devout the more I think I'll get a better explaination) so I'm not trying to offend anybody if I say the wrong thing. ...

How I can make her understand [ 2 Answers ]

Hi ! All, I met this girl last Saturday.. before that I used to communicate with her over telephone for around 2 months.. . We live in two different cities. We had a very nice meeting.. we spend good two days together at her city. I really liked her as a person and proposed her to marry me.....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.