Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kin fu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 08:31 PM
    Trane XE900 contactor wiring
    I have Trane XE900 contactor that stuck now and then. It has 3 contacts on each side plus one contact on each side for the transformer. (please see attachment)
    The new contactor that I bought has 4 contacts on each side plus one contact on each side for the transformer. How do I connect the wires?
    Attached Images

T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2012, 09:00 PM
    Nice pic and thanks for th good info. The new one will lay out just like the old. You have a front and back and a left and right. Front side of contactor right-- red white tracer and two brown wires red tracers. Right side back of contactor, Big red wire and small red wire. Do the same with the left side of the contactor. The wires on the bottom of the contactor are your low voltage wires and will hook up on each side of the new contactor.
    kin fu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Top View Post
    Nice pic and thanks for th good info. The new one will lay out just like the old. You have a front and back and a left and right. Front side of contactor right-- red white tracer and two brown wires red tracers. right side back of contactor, Big red wire and small red wire. Do the same with the left side of the contactor. the wires on the bottom of the contactor are your low voltage wires and will hook up on each side of the new contactor.

I attached the new contactor photo. It has a model No. C240C. Don't know if it helps. It looks totally different. Both sides of the contactor look the same. Which wire should go where?

Thank you
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair xe900 trane a/c [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the start up contactors in my trane xe900 a/c unit,but the only thing that runs is the compressor & not the fan. I follwed the wiring diagram to the letter, I some suggestions as what to do next

Wiring a ac contactor [ 8 Answers ]

Im having a problem figgering out where these wires go on my 2 prong contactor I have 2 violet wire and 2 red wires and a black and red wire I've looked and looked and found no giudes or diagrams showing where they go can anyone help me :confused:

Trane xe900, frayed insulation on two conductor wiring shorting out [ 1 Answers ]

There is a two conductor "zip cord" with broken insulation down near the base of the compressor causing the breaker to trip. Can this connection be removed at the compressor bottom or is this connection a one piece with the compressor.

Need Fuse for Trane XE900 Weathertorn Heat Pump [ 3 Answers ]

Were can I get a 300 volt fuse for the Trane XE900? It's the small metal and glass one, looks like an automotive fuse. The following places don't have one; The Home Depot Orchard Supply Lowe's Ace Hardware True Value

Wiring new compressor contactor [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, thank you for looking at my post. My old contactor has 2 sets of 2 posts on one side (see picture http://www.arnoldservice.com/burnt%20contactor.jpg ) and my new contactor has 2 posts on opposite sides of the contactor (see picture http://images.grainger.com/images/products/5B133.JPG ). My...

View more questions Search