Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LNC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 01:04 PM
    8.4 TSH level just started on 25mcg Levothyroxine
    Hi, I have been suffering from symptoms of hypothroidism since 2008, back then my TSH level was 2.6, but I had developed dysfunctional uterine bleeding and had to get a blood transfusion with a normal pelvic ultrasounds. I was told that there was no way I had hypothyroidism. I continued to get more symptoms and constantly begged all doctors to go based on my symptoms and not the numbers, no one would listen. My TSH level continued to elevate and I thought I would die while my concerns of hypthyroidism were dismissed. Finally my TSH level reached 7.7 in 01/2012, but I didn't find that out until this month because my gynecologist read me some old results and told me I was still normal. I should have been on medication since January of this year, but only started on 25 mcg Levothyroxine this month, because of her mistake.
    Now I have had another normal pelvic ultrasound and an abnormal EKG. I have gained 60 pounds since 2008, have to take birth control pills.
    I have been taking Levothyroxine for 11 days, and feel just as bad as I did before. Is this dose too low? Can I handle a higher dose with an abnormal EKG? Will my perscriptions of Ortho Micro Nor and Hyrdrochlrothiazide effect the Levothyroxine?

Check out some similar questions!

My mother tsh level level is 45.5 what to do? [ 2 Answers ]

My mother aged 54 having diabities since last 10-12 years.she is taking medicine for that. Now her tsh level is 45.5 what to do?

I have high TSH level of 28 and six week pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I am six week pregnant and having high TSH level of 28. T4 is normal .T3 is also normal but it is towards higher range. Will I hv any problem with my pregnancy. My doc has started thymonorm 12.5 as a starting dose.

Two toilets water level drained after one toilet started bubbling randomly. [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a one story house with to bathrooms located 20 feet apart on 2 different drain branches that y into the lateral drain going to the sewer main. Today one toilet started bubbling one inch bubbles randomly for about 15 minutes and then drained very low but not dry with out being flushed or...

Thyriods high level tsh [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm hypocal my tsh lel are 35.5 chest pains and bad migrain

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.