Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    92chevyguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 08:52 AM
    No fuel coming from fuel pump on 92 chevy truck
    I have a 92 chevy 1500 5.7 liter. I backed out of the driveway and it died and wouldnot start so I traced the problem down to no fuel checked the fuel filter its good so I replaced the fuel pump. When I replaced the fuel pump I could hear it working but still no fuel anywhere. So I then replaced the pump a second time and still I can hear it kick on for its normal 3 to 4 seconds but no fuel coming out anywhere. I even replaced the fuel pump relay. So my last thought was maybe not enough gas in the tank to register so I put fuel pump assembly into a big jug of gas and turned the ignition to the on position the fuel pump once again kick on but would not pull any fuel at all. Please help me I don't know what else to do
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
    Was it an ACDelco pump?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 25, 2012, 09:58 AM
    Where are you testing and finding 'no fuel'?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

?92 chevy 1500 fuel pump problems [ 1 Answers ]

I got a 92 chevy 1500 4x4 with the 5.7 in it I just put new fuel pump gas tank fuel filter fuel pump relay an fuse but the fuel pump is still not getting any power so now what can I do to trouble shoot the rest

92 chevy truck loses fuel at idle [ 6 Answers ]

I am working on a 92 chevy truck, 5.7 TBI. It starts and runs momentarily but loses fuel after about 30 seconds. You can give it throttle and it will run... but rough. I have checked fuel pressure (9-10 psi), cleaned injectors and kitted throttle body, blew out the egr valve, disconnected...

95 chevy truck fuel system? [ 1 Answers ]

Truck will start then it quits seems like it won't keep getting fuel

Is there a fuel reset switch on a 1990 chevy truck [ 2 Answers ]

Changed fuel pump but still don't start, we put gas in the injector and it started but won't stay started, is there a fuel reset switch?

A 1994 chevy 1500 4.3 ran fine then lost fuel at the injectors. Got fuel won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Truck cutoff suddenly, lost fuel at the injectors. Put in new fuel pump, no fuel at injectors, put in new cpu, no fuel still, put in new module in distributer, got fuel at the injectors but now truck won't start, engine is in time and I have fire. Any answers please help

View more questions Search