Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jungman7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Murray snow Blower
    I've got a Murray Snow Blower - 2 years old. I believe it's an 8 or 10 HP. It doesn't move forward in low gear. I have to push it and then the wheels move a little bit. The higher gears seem to work fine. The snowblower part of this works fine as well.
    Jungman7
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 17, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Have a look at the friction wheel see what happen when it is in 1st gear. If the rubber is not touching then that is your problem. If it is track driven it is common.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Murrays use a fan belt as opposed to a chain. Sounds like your belt may be slipping. There is a spring loaded pulley along the belt which is supposed to apply enough force to create friction. Check the pulley and see if tightening the adjustment bolt doesn't give you better traction.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Ball, sounds like you know about these snow blowers, imagine that, you actually have the darned things in your area. I am glad we do not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ultra by murray snow blower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Looking for impeller for ultra murray model f2484020,code5212,ser002313337309 8hp,hmsk80, any help thank you greg

Snow blower not picking up snow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Noma 5.0 HP snow blower that is not working correctly. The shears are not turning and picking up the snow. I've checked the shear pins, but they seem to be in good condition. What else should I check? Thanks

View more questions Search