Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachy84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 05:04 AM
    Depo shot..
    I have been on the depo shot for seven years.. I turned 28 6 months ago.. and for a few months I been having a period for 7-10 days.. never heavy bleeding like I used to before the shot. Is this normal to go so long with no period then all of a sudden it come.. does 28 start the down hill years as they say?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 25, 2012, 02:11 PM
    Periods while using the depo injection can be all over. Some women have heavy bleeding, some very little, some stop having periods, some will find it stops, starts, and stops again.

Odds are the change is simply due to the depo and how your body is working with the hormones. You could always mention it to your gyn the next time you are in.

While some women will start to see changes in their menstrual cycles in their late 20's, it is not as common as it would be for someone older.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo... Can I be pregnant if sex a week after first depo shot and period?. [ 1 Answers ]

I Just Gave Birth To A BabyGirl On March 15, 2012... 3 weeks later on April 5, 2012 I got my first depo shot... 1 week after depo on April 13, 2012 had sex while on my period... I know I wasn't soppost to have sex because I gave Birth, but I did... Is there a chance of me being pregnant?

Depo shot [ 3 Answers ]

I was not on my period when I got the depo shot. 2 weeks later I started my period now I have had heavy bleeding ever since is this normal or should I call my doctor?

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

How long do you have too be off the shot before you try too get pregnant?

View more questions Search