Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    issam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Air conditioner not cooling
    My air condetion is not cooling I got a tech to check it and he said that it may be a leak in the coil in upstairs and wanted 1500 to replace it,I asked how do you it's leaking? He said because of the rust on the pan underneath it. Can I get it replaced for less than that?
    Frank Mangrum Posts: 86, Reputation: -3

May 25, 2012, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by issam View Post
    my air condetion is not cooling i got a tech to check it and he said that it may be a leak in the coil in upstairs and wanted 1500 to replace it,i asked how do you it's leaking? he said because of the rust on the pan underneath it. can i get it replaced for less than that?
    Yes---First get someone else to leak check system and locate the leak ---it may can be repaired. $1,500.00 for replacement of indoor coil?? Steep for my area.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2012, 08:01 PM
    To me the price sounds about right(not knowing the tonnage or difficulty of change out). Prices will vary from area to area. Im sure his price included the previous call. If you had a sign of rust and refrigerant oil on the coil it's a good chance its bad. But then again I'm looking at what your saying and not at what they are seeing.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2012, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Mangrum View Post
    There is no mention of oil in drain pan---right? Rust is in most all metal drain pans--right? Where is the refrigerant leak? My advise was given on stated facts-- thats about all we can do--best to not assume things that are not stated in the question.
    But then again I'm looking at what your saying and not at what they are seeing.
    Just trying to help and not compete. That's the reason I'm not on here that much. To all a good night.
    Frank Mangrum Posts: 86, Reputation: -3

May 25, 2012, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Top View Post
    But then again im looking at what your saying and not at what they are seeing.
    Just trying to help and not compete. Thats the reason i'm not on here that much. To all a good night.
    Sorry T-TOP I did not mean to be that way-- I follow your posts and agree with your answers---good night and give me another chance. OK? I will remove that comment-- Thanks for waking me up.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Top View Post
    But then again im looking at what your saying and not at what they are seeing.
    Just trying to help and not compete. Thats the reason i'm not on here that much. To all a good night.

Don't go away - this same person has tangled with several other people on several other threads. The arguments always seem to be about "assumptions."

The regulars know AMHD is not a competition. Advice is advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Air Conditioner Not Cooling? [ 0 Answers ]

Please help. My air conditioner is not blowing air. The fan is working and the unit outside is working-just no air. It was working yesterday, but seemed to stop during the night. What can I do? I checked the unit, there are drops of water on the pipes, but I don't anything else. It is gas if...

Air conditioner not cooling [ 10 Answers ]

A/C not cooling below 80 when outside temp is 98. It is a split system, inside & outside coils clean, unit and ducting in house attic, just had ducting replaced and is insulated well, R30 blown in insulation in attic, return is against roof, 3T for a 1800 sqft brick 30 yr old house. What else to do...

My air conditioner is not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

My central air conditioner was not cooling last year and I had a tech checked, was told that there was a leaking. Spend $ 300 replcaed freon and placed some liquid seal staff and it worked. This year, not cooling again, same tech checked and was told some valve needs to be replced, again spend $...

Air conditioner not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased a new compressor last year. Seems like my air is not cooling. What could the problem be? Do we need to get the a/c serviced every year?

Air conditioner not cooling [ 3 Answers ]

My Carrier central air conditioner is 8 years old and it is not cooling. The vent blows air but the fan on the outside unit is not working. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

View more questions Search