Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kokemckesson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 06:25 AM
    return line leak -
    I have an older 19x37 in ground pool of which I have at replaced everything over the coarse of the last 23 yrs.

I'm pretty sure it is a return line leak. I plugged that return line with a cap (from in the pool). So here is my question. Will it hurt anything to leave the line capped and repair it in the fall or next spring? Just currently out of $s for a "right-now" fix. Not having a water level issue, but foam on the top with dirt. I capped it this morning, but do not have any other way (aside from turning off the system) of closing off that return line. Will it swell and blow? Sorry for the stupid question, but after all these years of caring for this pool, I have not seen this nor do I want to ruin what I have...

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Check out some similar questions!

Water line leak on refrigerator [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Kenmore model# 25351622101. We have a small hole in one of the plastic tubes that I finally located in the back bottom area by taking the (cardboard)panel off the back. As soon as I press the water dispenser it sprays water from this spot. Is there a way to repair this tube without...

Above ground with leak around return or skimmer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a leak in my 24 ft round above ground. It is apparently around the skimmer or the return not of sure which. Should I drain and fix or can it wait until I close at the end of August? A new liner was put in in 2007 and the pool was initially installed in 2002. I have to put water in about...

How to fix inground pool leak from return [ 9 Answers ]

We have an old pool that used to have a sand filter many, many years ago. We replaced it with a cartridge filter. The pool is leaking copious amounts of water that seems to be coming from underneath the pump station. We dug underneath the pump station to see if we could see where the leak is...

Leak in Toilet Drain Line [ 3 Answers ]

I need some advice on a leak I have from the upstairs toilet drain. I've cut holes in the drywall and it seems the leak is right at the connection point where the toilet pvc pipe meets the vertical drain. Any advice on a way to fix this myself? Is there any type of glue or fitting I could put...

Water line leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small leak from the meter to the house and I can not find it under ground. We have tried a probe stick , but the whole yard is soft. We tried looking for green grass area, but I have green patches over the whole yard. Please help me; how can I find this small but expense leak with digging...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.