Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moschinoo1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 12:58 PM
    Quest Diagnostic Chain of Custody - Drug Tests Ordered
    Does someone please know what the following test ordered are?

1) 35102N SAP 5-50 W/NIT
    2) 0443N Alcohol, Ethyl (b)
    3) 22781N Collection Admin Fee

The 3rd is the one that I am most confused with. Not sure what it means. Are they requesting urine, saliva or hair tests?

Help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

TA
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 23, 2012, 01:18 PM
    I think these are health insurance codes, not the names of tests.

For example - 22781N "Collection Admin Fee" is the charge for the draw (or safeguarding the sample).

Have you asked Quest?
    moschinoo1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I think these are health insurance codes, not the names of tests.

For example - 22781N "Collection Admin Fee" is the charge for the draw (or safeguarding the sample).

Have you asked Quest?

Have not asked quest, but will know on Friday when I go in. Really, more curious than anything. I know the first is a urine. The second is for alcohol. It's the third that also falls under drug tests ordered section of the chain of custody form.

1) 35105N SAP 5-50 W/NIT

Thanks a mil!
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2012, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by moschinoo1 View Post
    Have not asked quest, but will know on Friday when I go in. Really, more curious than anything. I know the first is a urine. The second is for alcohol. It's the thrid that also falls under drug tests ordered section of the chain of custody form.

1) 35105N SAP 5-50 W/NIT

Thanks a mil!
    a. 35105N- Internal control code
    b. SAP- Substances Abuse Panel
    c. 5-50- Five panel* with a 50 ng cutoff for THC
    d. W/NIT- With nitrates check. (adulterants that could interfere with test)

This is the most basic test +alcohol (EtOH) The alcohol part checks only to see if you have EtOH in urine at time of test, in other words drinking at or near time of test.

*tests only for Amphetamines (amphetamine and methamphetamine), Cocaine metabolite, Marijuana metabolites, Opiates (codeine and morphine) and Phencyclidine (PCP).

Not certain I understand your question in relation to administrative fees and CoC form in particular.
    Klara13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2012, 02:16 PM
    I had a glass (about 4 oz.) of red wine with dinner and took the alcohol sap 5-50 with nit the following morning. Was I supposed to abstain from wine for more than 12 hours before the test? I like to have glass of wine 2 or 3 times a week. Should I worry? I don't take any pills, prescription or OTC. Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2012, 02:35 PM
    Answered wrong question
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2012, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Klara13 View Post
    I had a glass (about 4 oz.) of red wine with dinner and took the alcohol sap 5-50 with nit the following morning. Was I supposed to abstain from wine for more than 12 hours before the test? I like to have glass of wine 2 or 3 times a week. Should I worry? I don't take any pills, prescription or OTC. Thanks!
    The 5-50 does not check for alcohol. That is a separate test and would be listed on the form if applicable. Even if you are tested for EtOH one glass of wine will not register at 12 hours. 4 oz would have clearance time of about 2 hours, maybe 3 if consumed w/meal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drug testing results court ordered [ 1 Answers ]

II want to know the time reqwirements to comply once you are contacted for a randon drug test?

Why do some drug tests show a trace of a drug that was Not used? [ 0 Answers ]

My PO said there was a trace of a "drug" in my screen and I don't understand how that can be when I did NOT use?

Probation ordered drug counseling but my insurance won't cover it. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New Jersey and have been on probation for the last 2 years. I'm not on probation for a drug offense but recently failed one drug test and was ordered to get a substance abuse evaluation. Anyway, I went and got the evaluation and the counselor at this place recommended to my probation...

Would I get drug tests performed when I'm on probation for non-drug related charges? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm will be on probation for 6 months, I am getting charged with a gross misdemeter for tampering with a vehicle and a gross misdemeter for possession of stolen property. How often would I get tested? How soon after I get put on probation will I get tested? Will I even get tested for those charges?

View more questions Search