Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EMR11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 09:07 AM
    Belonging
    What is the law in Florida if eviction becomes final, but I need a few days to move my stuff? Can the landlord keep it? I owe no money, my roommate got put in jail and the landlord wants us out? We were served last week with the notice.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 23, 2012, 09:12 AM
    What the law is that once the eviction becomes final (after the court acts)... the sherrifs come, and put all your stuff out on the curb... what happens to it then depends on what sort of neighborhood it is. Usually all the riff raff run in and grab whatever they can carry in some places. Even though its not legal for them to run in and take stuff I've seen it happen more than once.

I'd recommend getting your stuff out now...
    EMR11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 09:17 AM
    Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2012, 09:41 AM
    Yes, at the court date, the court gives a final day to be out, on that day, normally your belongings get set out to the side walk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting personal belonging back from a friend that was storing it [ 4 Answers ]

I have this friend that was "Helping Me Out" by storing my son's & my personal belongings in her house we had a major fall out and now she won't let me have my stuff!! She text me every once in a while saying I can then want answer when. I am trying to find out the Georgia Laws (Floyd County) on...

Mother kept personal belonging when thrown out [ 8 Answers ]

My mother throw me out because she didn't like the fact I was bi and dating guys and anyway she throw my clothes in the yard so I got that back but now I renting a room with a friend and I went back to get the rest of my things and she won't give them back, I went to the police they said they could...

How to sell a car belonging to my friend [ 5 Answers ]

My friend helped me bought a car, but this car is bought in my friend's name. That is, although I paid everything, this car belongs to my friend lawfully. Now my friend is moving to other state. I'm wondering how can I sell this car when later I leave this state too. Is it enough that my friend...

Documents belonging to someone else filed on the wrong account [ 1 Answers ]

While reviewing an account it was discovered that the documents that are stored in this file belong to someone else. Is this a HIPAA violation?

Identity and Belonging [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am suppose to draw on ideas from this single prompt: "It is important to our sense of self to feel as if we belong" So far I have came up with: -It is important because it gives us a purpose in life as we aren't left alienated because we have associations with people as a...

View more questions Search