Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carnan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Ventilation venting into a main vet stack ?
    Would It Be Possible To Cut A 3" Hole Into The Side Of A 6" Main Stack C.I.
    To Ventilate A Bathroom Fan?
    Building Is Brick Block / Would Rather Not Have To Go Through Wall
    Just To Vent A Bathroom Area.
    I Could Run The Tee In About 2 Feet Before It Goes Through The Roof.

Thanks Any Ideas Greatly Appreciated
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 25, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Can you do it, yes. Should you do it,no, it is illegal and could cause fumes to back up through the fan when it is not running.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet looonng way from main waste stack. [ 5 Answers ]

I am putting in a master bath off the master bedroom which is on the 2nd floor. The problem is the closest 4" main waste stack is about 16' away from where the toilet is. I will try to explain this from the perspective of if you were actually sitting on the toilet taking care of business. The 90...

Can I move my main stack? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I recently bought and older house (My first!) That was built in like 1954, now the bathroom is very small so I'm sort of relocating it. My question is can I move my main stack with 22.5 and 45 degree elbows or am I stuck with it coming up out of the soon to be dinning room floor? NOt sure of...

Possible Blockage Main Stack Vent [ 1 Answers ]

The two toilets and the tub in the upstairs bathrooms are plugged and will not drain or flush. There is a gurgling sound when we flush or try to plunge the toilets. I have been told by a plumber that he thinks the main stack vent is blocked. How can I unstopped or clear the main stack vent? Are...

How do I tie into main vent stack? [ 3 Answers ]

Are there any tricks to put a 3" Tee into the main vent stack to add a lavatory? I don't think I can lift the top part of the stack up or push the bottom part of the stack down once I cut it in half but I think I'll need to seperate it by something like 2" and then push it back together to have...

How do I tie into main vent stack (cont'd) [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I'm all new to this forum; my apologies for not giving you enough information! The soil stack (didn't know the difference between a soil stack and a vent stack until you explained it) is a vertical 3" PVC pipe and I'm trying to tie a 1 1/2" PVC pipe into that for the lav by using a 3" x 1 1/2"...

View more questions Search