Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2004, 12:29 PM
    Google
    Recently the Google tool bar disappeared from my browser home page. I went to Google and downloaded and installed the bar again but it does not appear in my browser under the address bar as it always has.
    The suggestions on the Google home page don't get it to show up and Google doesn't reply to email questions sent to them.
    The install icon is on my desktop and I can find all sorts of Google files with "search" but it actually doesn't work unless I just log on to Google.com.

[email protected]
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 18, 2005, 07:56 PM
    Try some other things
    Try some of these things below, that you can, attempt to clean up your system and then download and update Internet Explorer, I would delete it then reinstall it, try Firefox browser, I like it better than explorer.

For Spyware protection and general help cleaning up the computer and registry I recommend,

The following files, as I have found 1 or even 2 is not always enough, as 1 may find

Something the others do not, so protect yourself with several programs, if may be a pain,

But a needed one.

Spyware
    Microsoft New SPyware program-Formerly Giant spyware, they bought it out.
    Spysweeper
    Spybot search and destroy
    Adware SE
    Aluria's Spyware Eliminator
    Spyhunter
    &
    Spyware Blaster, this one prevents certain items, before they are even installed, it does

Not clean.

I would suggest at the very least 3 or more of the above programs.

Registry and Fix and Repair programs
    Fix it Utilities 5 this one has an excellent Scandisk, better than the one with your OS
    Advanced System Optimizer
    Ace Utilities
    System Mechanic 5

Any 2 or more of these.

And download the Google toolbar with built in pop up stopper for your browser is good.

And a good solid Anti Virus Program or 2, updated weekly.
    PC-Cillin
    AVG Anti Virus
    Bitdefender
    Etrust EZ Anti virus

I would suggest using 2 of these.

A good defragging Program or 2
    Diskeeper Lite
    Perfect Disk.

Also run from Start/run type in chkdsk then let that run then type in chkdsk /f to help fix

WinXP errors.

Also use the below website, that tests and reviews some for the best programs out for many

Different things, they give you side by side comparisons and rate each one in many

Categories.
    http://www.toptenreviews.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Google Earth [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Google earth plans to upgrade the resolution of itīs satellite images in the many areas that are currently at lower resolution?

Google [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I wonder if you can help me, how do you delete histories on Google, now I know how to do this with Google tools, but at the moment I have Google as my home page and there are no tools when it is Google home page. I hope you understand my question. Thanks all.:confused:

Google Analytics. [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone use Google Analytics? I guess I don't keep up enough... I just got an invitation and have never heard of it before. I use Webalizer for web stats... is this one any better? Thanks!

Google? [ 8 Answers ]

How come so many people can't figure out how to do their own research into topics they're interested in? Is Google still that much of a mystery?

View more questions Search