Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Walien457 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 03:39 PM
    Does a Tragus piercing hurt more than a cartilage piercing?
    I'm dying to get my Tragus pierced ! I have a cartilage peircing and honestly it was just a little Pinch 1-10 on pane scale 10 being most I would say 3-4 but I'm really scared to get my Tragus pierced does it hurt worse than the cartilage piercing ?
    K_borge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 04:18 PM
    Hi,

I have the tragus and cartilage piercing, and I can honestly say that my cartilage hurt more than my tragus. But then again, I got my tragus done with a needle and had the place numbed, & my helix was done with a gun. Moreover, I do think that pain varies for different people. But if possible, go somewhere where they will numb your piercing before they do it. It's way easier and pain-free. ( Best of luck with your piercing. My tragus has caused me a lot of paina and . It's got this keloid bump, and has been swallowed (inside my ear) twice. But don't let this put U off. This was just me! Hope you get your piercing and it doesn't caue you as much problems as it caused me. )

Cheers,

K.
    Your_helper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 02:29 PM
    My friend got hers done before me and hers was a long process seeing as though she kept bleeding and they had a hard time getting the ring through. This frightened me so I eventually got mine done months later. I prepared for the worst and it honestly didn't hurt at all. I felt a pinch and that was it so probably a 2/3 on your scale. My cartilage probably hurt a bit more than tragus.
    ZEL85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2012, 10:07 AM
    No real piercing studio would use a gun, they're really bad for you. (just fyi :)
    MadJoy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 10:24 AM
    Honestly, everyone is different. I have my tragus and helix pierced (the proper name for a "cartilage" piercing). I got both done with a needle which is cleaner, safer, and less painful... but I'm sure you've heard that before. For me, I literally didn't feel the needle go through on my helix piercing. For that I would give it a 1 at the most on a scale of 1-10. My tragus however, hurt like hell. It was about a 7-8 on a 1-10 scale. It honestly does vary for everyone, so the only way you would know is to try it out for yourself. Don't think too much about it. Even at the worst possible pain, it's over within 30 seconds. Good luck!
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Aug 14, 2013, 10:35 AM
    The pain sensation is very similar although my description will vary from others. I think the if your cartilage didn't hurt that much then you'll be fine. It's always worth it in the end!
    Good luck x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a cartilage piercing hurt? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 13 and was wondering whether a needle or a gun was better because I want to be as safe as possible and how sore is it? What's the worst that can happen? Thanks :)

Does a tragus piercing really hurt? [ 79 Answers ]

I have a question!! Does a tragus piercing really hurst? because I want to get one. Is it better 2get it with a needle or a gun?? and does it infect the ear?because almost all my cartillage piercing have bumps now I don't why... mayb I didn't take good care of it. And does it require to be 18 in...

Tragus piercing hurt? [ 14 Answers ]

Okay, so I asked my mum if I could get my tragus pierced, she said yes. Now, I'm just wondering where it is on pain level.. I've had my cartilige done, and I'm just wondering if its more or less painful, I have a high tolerance for pain, also my friend and I got our bellybuttons pierced, and...

Does cartilage piercing hurt? [ 1 Answers ]

Someone help me I need to know!

How Bad Does Getting A Tragus Piercing Hurt? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an average pain tolerance, so how bad does it hurt on a scale of 1-10?

View more questions Search