Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dodgystyle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 11:17 AM
    Will restoring my acer one zg5 to factory settings remove the OS (linux)?
    Specifically the netbook will not work on the battery alone even though it says it is fully charged. I'm hoping a factory reset will fix this as the netbook is brand new. Thanks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 22, 2012, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgystyle View Post
    specifically the netbook will not work on the battery alone even tho it says it is fully charged. i'm hoping a factory reset will fix this as the netbook is brand new. thanks.
    It depends on how exactly you are doing it... and how you intalled linux.

If your recovery partition is still intact... or are restoring from a DVD or CD... however unless you were careful, you might have wiped out the recovery partition when you installed Linux. In which case you are screwed if there isn't a CD or DVD that are increasingly rare these days.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Nov 25, 2012, 06:17 AM
    Charge the battery fully and then run it down until the machine dies and charge again this sometimes clears battery issues by demostrating full and no charge to the circuts on the battery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I restore acer aspire one ZG5 netbook to factory settings? [ 2 Answers ]

I've tried Alt-F10 but it doesn't do anything.. just continues to load to home screen. OS is linux

If I return my laptop back to factory settings will it remove viruses [ 2 Answers ]

If I return my laptop back to its factory settings will it remove viruses

Restoring my dell dimension 8400 to its factory setting [ 4 Answers ]

How stepe by step to restore my dell dimension 8400 desktop computer without the cd. Window xp professional

View more questions Search