Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    101dragonfly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Going rate for a live-in housekeeper
    4 bedroom home 2 livingrooms & 2 bathrooms with 3 adult children,parent is gone 3 weeks out a month.
    Duties include indoors: Sweeps and mops all floors
    Vacuums all carpet
    Dusts all surfaces
    Clean toilets, tub and shower
    Cleans all glass
    Clean 2 living rooms
    Clean 2 bathrooms
    Changes out all the bedding
    Washes, fold and puts away used bedding
    Sanitizes counter tops and sinks (kitchen and bath)
    Cleans the microwave
    Cooks dinners everyday
    Go's to grocery store
    Drives adult child back and forth to work daily
    Does all dishes
    Takes garbages out daily and once a week to curb
    Duties include for outdoors:
    Cutting all grass/weed whacking and watering
    Ontario,Canada
    Rivka Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

May 22, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Do you actually have someone who will do all of the listed chores? To me, it sounds as if the work load is huge --- entire house responsibility, plus chauffering, cooking, shopping AND complete lawn care? If you do not have anyone in place, this may be a difficult job to fill. Tough to price it out. How many hours per week are you expecting the employee to be working? And what are you doing about weekends? Also, how are you handling the live-in part: self contained residence, food included, salary deduction for accommodations or are you including that as part of the salary?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in housekeeper [ 1 Answers ]

Rate of pay and what is included, what does the employer pay for

Live in housekeeper/cook [ 4 Answers ]

We live just outside of Toronto and we wondering how people have gone about finding live-in housekeepers/cooks. Ideally, we'd like someone to live in and keep the house tidy during the week and prepare dinners. It would be great for someone who is perhaps going to school in the area and/or...

Salary for live-in housekeeper [ 8 Answers ]

We have a live-in housekeeper who helps with cooking, cleaning, and childcare. She used to work for my brother-in-law and his family, and we are paying her the same wage as she received from them. I am wondering though if the wage is adequate. I kind of feel like she should get a raise. She's...

About live in housekeeper [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I'm working live in housekeeper my salari just 200 a week but I paying my tax and insurance myshelf I'm working with them for 5 years and last three years always baby sitting everysaturday night they didn't pay for me and they didn't pay for my holiday too even I didn't take my holiday,...

View more questions Search