Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rennes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 09:29 AM
    Salary requirement question, how to answer?
    When applying for a job they sometimes ask what your base salary was at previous employment, they they ask what your current salary requirements are, what is the best way to answer that question? I don't want to give them a number that is too high that weeds me out of the interview pool or too low that I regret it later.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 22, 2012, 09:32 AM
    The ONLY way to answer such a question is honestly.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2012, 09:39 AM
    INTERVIEWER: What did you make at your last job?

JOB HUNTER: “This position is not exactly the same as my last job. So let's discuss what my responsibilities would be here and then determine a fair salary for this job.”

From The answer to the toughest interview questions | Penelope Trunk Blog

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

Physics question... with answer, yet I don't know how to get the answer. [ 2 Answers ]

In order to qualify for the finals in a racing event, a car must achieve an average speed of 270 Km/h on a track with a total length of 1410 m. If a particular car covers the first half of the track at an average speed of 232 km/h, what minimum average speed must it have in the second half of the...

Salary Question / Opinion [ 21 Answers ]

Okay, a brief background on myself: I'm 17 years old, I still live at home where my parents of course offer food, and the such. Realistically, at this point the only items I need to pay for (being that of a deduction to monthly income) is my insurance, cell phone bill, and of course an...

Salary Question [ 2 Answers ]

A business enterprise pays weekly salaries of $20,000 every Friday for the five-day week ending on that day. If the fiscal period happens on a Thursday, an adjusting entry would be necessary. This adjusting entry would consist of? A- Debit Salaries Expense, $4000 & Credit Salaries Payable, $4000...

View more questions Search