Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kwatts1981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 06:56 AM
    Religion
    How does one get around the egocentric pitfall of "looking down on", being prejudiced about, or "putting down" another person's religion because one feels that they possess the truth about who God is and the other person's religion is wrong?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 22, 2012, 07:02 AM
    The same way as you would normally deal with derogatory statements and actions.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2012, 07:21 AM
    Tell me a couple of their statements, and I will tell you something to say in return.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 22, 2012, 05:47 PM
    Compassion is something that is missing from most people these days. Simply put, most people lack tact... which is where most of the problems come from.

This is not just a problem in Christianity either...
    mysticman72 Posts: 56, Reputation: 10

May 22, 2012, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kwatts1981 View Post
    How does one get around the egocentric pitfall of "looking down on", being prejudiced about, or "putting down" another person's religion because one feels that they possess the truth about who God is and the other person's religion is wrong?
    Well, I suppose that you would have to shed your human nature to avoid it altogether. But, until that happens, I suggest mixing 1 part humility with 1 part compassion with a measure of humor to top it all off. Seriously.

Peace...
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2012, 12:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kwatts1981 View Post
    Love them.

(Advice I often fail to carry out myself, but keep trying).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are some similar in the newer religion and the older religion [ 2 Answers ]

What are some similar between the newer and older religions?

Religion or not religion. That is the big Q [ 33 Answers ]

Personally, I think an all seeing , all powerful, all knowing, invisible god of any religion has finnaly been recognised by many people for what it truly is. An invention of man with all his insecurities, the hope that his god will look after him in times of trouble. Well its time to wake up and I...

Gender equality in religion in the islamic religion [ 0 Answers ]

Is there any gender equality in the muslim religion

Religion [ 1 Answers ]

What is the official teaching of the catholic church regarding people of other faiths ability to get into heven

View more questions Search