Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neaera1983 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 01:51 PM
    Why do I sense death and what does it mean?
    Hi!
    I've never posted about my "feeling" as I call it but I really would like some answers or to even understand it. I don't see how it help to have this and what it means.

It all started when I watched a film called 'Butterbox Babies' 18 years ago. I got a strange sense that I could not explain but thought nothing of.

There then started to be a pattern! I got this "feeling" for a few days, starting very midly and then as the days progressed it would get stronger (I have it as I'm typing and is day 3). Anyway, on the day is it is strongest and then disappears someone dies. It is always someone that I have never met but someone who is close to someone I know well. Over the years I have trusted people to tell them about it as a way to show I'm not mad and don't make it up. It has happened too many times to not be true and always follows the same pattern. I have been able to say which days I had it and what day I feel the person has passed away and it has always been correct. Once I had my "feeling" and then it disappeared. I felt pain in my heart. I discovered the person had died but managed to be resuscitated.

The hardest time was when I said I knew it was different but I didn’t know why. I was to find out a few days later that it was my friends 12 week old baby that died. I had not met this baby yet.

I can't explain the feeling that I get other than it is a sixth sense that I can’t describe. As it gets stronger, I notice it all of the time and I can go into complete dazes and can become very emotional. I really don't understand it. Some say it is a gift but how can it be? I never know who it is going to be until it happens and it only happens to someone that I have never met but is close to someone that I know. Any suggestions or advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Neaera
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2012, 03:35 PM
    Ok, really nothing you can do with the feelings, since it does not tell you who they are, or anyway to prevent it ( if it even could be, like car wreck or something)
    traveladi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Hello Neaera

The good news is... you are not alone. I too feel death coming. Unfortunately for me, it's usually people that I know. The feelings are strongest with family members. I felt the passing of my grandfather a few years ago and it was quite emotional for me. I felt it two weeks ago when a neighbor passed. I can be doing something, and a particular stillness occurs and I know that death is coming.

Whenever I get this feeling it happens. I've had this feeling since 198 when my father passed away. I knew someone I loved was going to die. Today, It doesn't freak me out as much. " I can't prevent it, and when I tell family members, they become anxious or look at me like I'm crazy. I never know who will die, just that someone I know is going to die. I used to get upset or wonder if I was going crazy. I think we all have certain sensibilities. I'd much rather sense death coming than be able to "see spirits"! I always say " God please, don't ever let it develop into that".

Perhaps you can visit a clairvoyant person to get more clarity. Is it a gift? I've been told that as well. Someone once wanted to train me on how to communicate with spirits...no thank you! I hope your "sensibilities" become less overwhelming for you.

Gail
    neaera1983 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 01:28 PM
    Hi Gail

Thank you for your detailed reply. It has also been suggested that I go to a spiritulaist church as it is a physic ability that needs channeling. I feel strange but feel its time to try and make some sense of it and its been really strong since I made this decision.

It's just a strange feeling when I have it and I can't explain it. I actually have it now and have had it since Saturday but I still can't not put into words what I feel. It's just a waiting game to see who is going to die this time.
    It's lovely to hear from you and hear that someone else experiences a similar thing

Thanks again
    Neaera
    EidolonProject Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jun 13, 2012, 03:34 AM
    Hi Neaera,
    What you are describing is known in the parapsychology field as 'precognition'. It is a form of ESP that is closely linked with premonition. Precognitive experiences are usually associated with what we would consider negative events - with death / dying being the most experienced by people who have this skill [I will use "skill " as the term "gift" is subjective. It's not a gift if someone does not want it!]. Like a skill, it develops over time with practice. Also like a skill, it usually diminishes over time without practice. However, like anything else, there are exceptions to the norm.

Spiritualist churches are more likely to help you develop your skill. However it sounds to me as if you want to control it, if not rid yourself from it altogether. If you go the spiritual church route, make certain that you make your intentions known from the get go.

To close, I would like to quote from a authority in psychical phenomena, Nandor Fodor, PhD.
    Although he is referring to premonitions, precognition fits securely with-in his parameters,
    Premonition [precognition] must have two fundamental conditions, 1-, "The fact announced must be absolutely independent of the person to whom the premonition has come," and 2-"The announcement must be as such that it can not be ascribed to chance or sagacity."
    From what I gather Neaera, you have qualified in both conditions.
    I hope that this has helped a bit.
    Take care,
    marizaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 12:43 AM
    Hi Nearea and Gail

I too am able to feel death before it happens. My first experience was when my father past away 3 years ago. I grived his death a month before he did. I would sob every night. The feelings I had was that either I was going to die or someone close to me was going to die. I even told my kids father that if any thing happened to me that he will promise to take good care of them. I couldn't bare the pain any more until I received a call Saturday morning that my father had died. I felt the need to be strong and my sobbing had stop. I missed him dearly but I felt a great peace. I began to feel the same just resently. I won't mention much about the second time because I would like to respect the family, they are still grieving. I also can sense the feelings of others at times. I don't know what to think I am sure not crazy. Any advise?
    boocontainer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2013, 05:30 PM
    Hi,

I have the same thing except I don't have any feelings before just right when the person dies. My dad passed away when I was eight. I was on the playground, just playing like a normal kid when a chill passed over me. About a hour after that my teacher came to bring me to my mom who said my dad had died about a hour before. I feel you.
    klausmouse Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 08:55 AM
    I'm 15 and I sense death.I don't get it! I got it for the first time when I was 7 and my very close elder passed away.sense then I have sensed death 5 times. Can someone tell me what's going on? I would be very happy.
    I'm sorry for my bad English. And one more thing I do not belong in no religion.

~klaus
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 8, 2013, 03:19 PM
    Why do you think you can sense death? What happens?

Feb 12, 2013, 10:17 AM
    I see a dream. My first one was that my I saw my mom telling that my very close elder died. The very same thing happened two days later. Its happened now 5 time after the first time.

Feb 12, 2013, 01:56 PM
    Well, whether you practice a religion or not usually doesn't have an effect on this type of thing. I certainly do not promote the idea that some people have this as a "gift". If what you are saying is accurate, I believe an outside force is giving you this information. This force does not necessarily have the ability to see the future, but to cause these things you see to come to pass in a way without being detected.

Feb 26, 2013, 04:46 AM
    Can you please answer? I feel like I'm going crazy! Just please tell me what is going on. Just please!

Feb 26, 2013, 04:48 AM
    Please answer I need help! Just please tell me! I feel like I'm going crazy!

Feb 26, 2013, 03:53 PM
    Personally I think you need to physically go speak with a pastor. But speaking with a psychologist wouldn't hurt either. You may need help beyond what anyone can give you online. Your need to TALK with someone.

Feb 27, 2013, 09:27 AM
    Well I have talked to a psychologist and I don't think she believes :( I have trust problems with my parents so they don't know about my "Six sense. I don't want to tell them because they just won't believe.

~Klaus

Feb 27, 2013, 09:33 AM
    And I sometimes I think I'm sick or something but most of the time I have a thought that I'm special :)

Feb 27, 2013, 02:30 PM
    Then my real suggestion is for you to speak with a local youth pastor. This isn't something I can fix for you and it's not something you can fix yourself.
    aurorajaris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2013, 05:35 PM
    Im 15 Turning 16 . Im Very Intuitive And I Can See Parts Of The Future, Sense Death Much Like You can Except That Feeling Gets Stronger To The Point I Know That Someone I Know Or Who they care About Will Die In A Few Weeks Or Months. When I Was Little I Used To Have Dreams Not So Much Now. But I Can See There Funerals And Who's There But Not Who The Person Is. I Can Relive Deaths Of Friends Family Members Or My Loved Ones Such As My Great Grandmother, My Friend Grandpa Who I Was Close With, My Friends Uncle, And My Friends Step Mom. Its Also In My Family My Great Grandmother Saw Her Husbands Death Years Before She Even Met Him. And Her Mother Was Also Deemed Crazy. Im Still Trying To Figure This All Out .My Advice To You Is Just Receive It . What I Have Is A Very Powerful Gift Much As Yours Just Let It Happen. :)
    -Aurora Dominique-Aris
    cenouen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2013, 12:24 AM
    I am 45 and I first sensed death when I was about 11 years old. I was sitting in my room doing homework when my room seemed to fill up with the smell of flowers. I found it odd but more or less blew it off thinking my mom was doing some cleaning. It finally got unbearable so I went out to see and found everyone to be in bed. The next day a friend came over to tell me that our best friend had just killed herself. At that time I kind of blew it off until a couple of years later when an uncle that I had never meet passed away, again I could smell flowers and again dismissed. That night I had a dream that my grandfather had passed away. I was woken the next morning to my parents talking to my Aunt about my uncle being killed in a bad car accident. Come to find out my uncle look just like my grandfather. When my grandfather finally did pass I knew he was sick and not going to be with us much longer and again smelled flowers, mind you I was sitting in class at the time, but not only did I smell the flowers but a strong sense of lost, like my soul was empty. I knew and I had to leave class, I no more and got to my sisters as she was hanging up the phone with the nursing home saying he'd pasted about 10 minutes before I arrived at her house. Since then the only time I smell the flowers with the feeling is when it is family and sometime but not often do I dream about it. Most of the time I just get a lost empty feeling, kind of like I'm feeling someone else s loss before them. Most recent was when my friends son commit suicide and my mechanic on the same day, about two months ago. The morning of I posted on Facebook that something is off which would've been Thursday morning, the same morning my friend was told about her son. I refer to it as being an off feeling, I know something isn't right, I feel empty, lost, sad and depressed, starts slow then just before it's really strong and then it's gone. I watch the obituaries or wait for a phone call. Just last week I experienced it, again posted on Facebook that something was off, couple days later it was really strong and then it went away. This happened this past Monday and on Wednesday I heard that my ex's aunt had passed away. I am used to it but it's still bothers me the not knowing who, but the only thing I have for me is knowing when I smell flowers I know it is family.
    claire786 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 01:43 AM
    I have been experiencing this since I was about 8 years old, I tend to have a dream, but its not a normal dream as it is a different atmosphere and look, I don't always see the person who passed away in the dream, but I feel the death and sometimes in my dream its me dying, but when I wake up I know who has passed away. Its normally a relative or a neighbour that lives close to me etc. I could talk for hours about the different experiences. I will detail one of them now, I had a dream that I was dead and someone else was dead as well, we were floating around, when I looked down I saw a funeral taking place, all my family were crying etc as they were putting the coffins in the ground, I knew the person who had died with me was a girl, but I didn't know who, the coffins were unlike any coffin I hadpersonally seen before, they were made of wicker basket, we were not in a normal grave yard, it was like big open fields, me and the other person with me decided to go and look around, we weren't upset or anything, more amazed at what we were experiencing. We could fly, but I couldn't see my body or hers, I could fly as fast or a slow as I wanted, seemed to be controlled by just looking at where I wanted to go, so hard to put into words. Anyway when I woke up I knew something was up, I knew it was one of my special dreams as it has a totally different effect, so I went downstairs and tod my mum and dad everything that had happened, as they are used to me and what I experience. Anyway, a couple of weeks later, we had a phonecall, it was to tell us that my cousin had suddenly passed away, she was only in her 30s and totally out of the blue, she was into the earth and green peace etc etc. We went to the funeral, and I nearly passed out when they brought her coffin down the aisle, as it was made of wicker basket, like I said before, I didn't even know they exsisted, I just thought they were wooden coffins, then when we left the church we drove to somewhere else to bury her body, and when got there it was open fields, not a normal grave yard, it was a special place to bury people that were into the earth and all that kind of thing, and instead of headstones they plant a tree. The place they buried my cousin is the exact place I saw in my special dream that I had been flying above, I now know that was my cousin that I was flying around with. Since this happened I radomly astral travelled, it wasn't planned as I didn't even know this could happen, I have since looked it up after it happened to me, and the way you fly in astral travel is the same was I was flying around with my cousin, the way you controlled your body although you didn't even have a body . Sorry for the waffle guys, just wanted to share that with you x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if cause of death is wrong on death certificate? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband died of a rare condition which he was infected with whilst in hospital, this condition went undiagnosed,and the wrong information put on his death certificate. Can anything be done to change the information at all? Jessica

Death Certificate - Cause of Death Recorded Incorrectly [ 8 Answers ]

Is it common practice to write down on the death certificates the wrong reason for cause of death? And if so, why do doctors do that? This happen to my dad a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks in advance, Scott

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

View more questions Search