Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GreenHazel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 12:14 PM
    Who can I get to help me with issue at my kid's school?
    I have a small town problem in that my kid's school principal is who my ex cheated on w/ me. She has her posse of supporters at the school which goes all the way to superintendent and school board. I also don't trust one of the teachers my kid has and several other community members are always talking really bad smack about me on social media. It's ugly stuff, childish really. I ignore it, don't drop to their level. Try my best to shield the kids from it all, but kids talk to kids (I have older teenagers) and they find out stuff, I don't discuss it with them, but suspect they know some of what's been posted.

My youngest is 8. But now an issue has come up that my 8 year old doesn't want to participate in because he does know the principal is who took Daddy away, you know, and here he'd have to sit in a room with the principal and several of her posse who will be critiquing his presentation on being a good citizen. I do not know exactly who all will be there, but many of the community members supposed to be on the judge panel could easily be some of these rumor mongers as many of them volunteer at the school. (This is small town, only school district unless I find another job elsewhere and that's not likely) I find it very hypocritical and my kid just wants to vomit if he has to be in the same room with some of these people. (Daddy doesn't have anything to do with the kids, cut custody, and I get no support. It's a clean break there.)

I want to ask if I can opt out of this presentation and will he still pass 3rd grade (This is an elaborate 2 day, 2 stage event with panels judging both from the school and community) or instead ask him to present singularly to one teacher I feel is not part of the posse. Or do I ask for a list of community/school participant names and ask if I can reject some that my son would be uncomfortable around. But to whom do I ask? I can't ask his teacher. She's a posse member. I can't address principal. Not superintendent. Do I approach the one teacher I'd like to do the assessment alone, and if so, what do I tell her or not tell her? If her were teen age, I'd say let him do it and learn. But I think an 8 year old this is too much to ask. I am NOT able to be there as parent according to rules at the presentation. And honestly, I'd vomit, too, to have to sit in same room with some of these hypocrites.

Check out some similar questions!

Old Kid's Cartoon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember this cartoon from late 80's/ early 90's. As far as I can remember it involves these small people who lived near the ocean and they protect(?) the coral in the ocean from a witch(?) and her buddy who I thnk lived in a submarine or something similar. I often remember these...

Kid's Favorites [ 8 Answers ]

Many of us are from a previous generation. I have been trying to remember some of my favorite movies as a kid, so that I can share them with my children. My List: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Mighty Ducks (only the first one) I am looking for some other suggestions...

Work permit issue. Under age but out of high school [ 5 Answers ]

Well I'm pretty much stuck in a hole. I'm 17 turning 18 in 2 weeks and I recently got hired for a job. Since I'm underage I'm required to attain a work permit which you would get from your school. The catch is I already got out of high school but didn't attain a diploma(which I'm going to...

Kid's clothes [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a good online site to buy girl's clothes size 14 and above? I was shopping at The Children's Place but 14 is as high as they go. I'm sick of all the clothes I am seeing in the store that are so "grown" looking. I don't want a 9 1/2 year old hoochie momma!

Laptops in school being an issue [ 3 Answers ]

I can't stop playing games on my laptop for school. It would be fine if I didn't play during class. I get kind of addicted to it, and I've already got 3 detentions because of playing games. Any tips for not playing games? Cause I can always get them back on from my friends.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.