Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AndrewGudge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 08:58 AM
    iPod pass code
    My iPod ran out of charge. When fully recharged it has become pass code protected despite me not having set a pass code. I don't want to restore the factory settings as I will lose the data not synced to the library.
    Help!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 21, 2012, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGudge View Post
    My iPod ran out of charge. When fully recharged it has become pass code protected despite me not having set a pass code. I don't want to restore the factory settings as I will lose the data not synced to the library.
    Help!
    Call me a sceptic... but they never default to that... even with a dead battery. They get like that because someone protected it. Likely someone else. These are high on the list for snatch and grab thefts... I've got reason to be sceptical.

If this is registered to someone else.. Apple is going to know.

And I've completely rebuilt several of these and all the research I've done over the last several years... I've never heard of that happening to anyone else... Thats like a computer mysteriously encrypting itself because someone unplugged it.
    AndrewGudge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 12:20 PM
    I do have 2 sons both with similar iPod touch's who both swear they haven't touched it. It does synch with my account when I connect to iTunes but claims it cannot find some data although it is already on the iPod!
    wakagashira893 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 06:50 PM
    Your sons are lying. There is no error in the apple care database that states a low charge iPod will suddenly bring up a pass code.

And if the iPod is stolen, apple now has an IP tracking system that reports the stolen iPod to the local sherriff department. So fair warned. Some of those things cost more than a few hundred dollars, and you might be charged with robbery, which is a felony in my state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apple Ipod touch 4G OR Ipod nano multi touch ? [ 3 Answers ]

My parents gave me a choise to make.. They want to get me either an apple Ipod 4G, or anIpod nano multi touch... Which one would be better for an 13 year old girl?

When I plug my earphones in the iPod the sound comes through both the iPod and earpho [ 1 Answers ]

When I plug my earphones in the iPod the sound comes through both the iPod and earphones. What I want to know is how to stop it on the Ipod so that it only comes through the ear phones when they are commected

Ipod Nano locked screen code [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used Ipod Nano from a friend of mine and while messing around with it, apparently locked the screen. She does not know the code, and of course, neither do I. What can I do?

Write pseudo code reads in course information that includes class code, three digit s [ 1 Answers ]

Design a flowchart or pseudocode for a program that accepts rental contract data and displays a completed rental contract ready for a customer’s signature. Accept the following as input: Contract number Customer’s first and last names Automobile’s vehicle identification number Starting date...

Wife changed pass code [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my wife had the same pass code and she heard the girl in the background so my wife changed the code now she gets all my messages

View more questions Search