Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 21, 2012, 08:40 AM
    The war on women
    Hello:

We've had post after post about this alleged war on women. The right wing says, what war? There's nothing going on here. Look over there. Then they accuse the Democrats of pitting women against men. They just want to talk about jobs...

But, even after those discussion, the war on women persists... The Republicans want to exclude certain classes of women from the Violence Against Women Act. That seems pretty mean against women, and I don't know WHAT that has to do with jobs anyway.. The right wingers are AGAINST Paycheck Fairness Act. With a reported 77 cents to the dollar pay gap between women and men, respectively, the act will FIX it. Republicans are just fine with the discrepancy.

These are only two examples of the ongoing war. There are countless more. Does the right wing think they can continue to deny this multi-front attack?

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2012, 09:10 AM
    It is the Violence Against Women "reauthorization" Act, and Dems want to reauthorize it include provisions for illegal aliens to claim temporary visas and expand coverage to same sex couples. It's not a war on women, it's Democrats trying to paint Republicans in a corner. It's all politics.

“I favor the Violence Against Women Act and have supported it at various points over the years, but there are matters put on that bill that almost seem to invite opposition,” said Senator Jeff Sessions, Republican of Alabama, who opposed the latest version last month in the Judiciary Committee. “You think that’s possible? You think they might have put things in there we couldn’t support that maybe then they could accuse you of not being supportive of fighting violence against women?”
    I'll care about your pathetic war on women meme when you liberals start talking about issues that really matter instead of all this pandering bullsh*t. By the way, did you notice the all woman panel on your Paycheck Fairness Act link were opposed to it 4-3? Probably not.

So how exactly are these two bills passage going to bring us out of this stagnant economy?
    Uber Member

May 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    So how exactly are these two bills passage going to bring us out of this stagnant economy?
    Hello Steve:

What? We can't protect women AND create a few jobs?? That may be something righty's can't do, but Obama CAN walk and chew gum at the same time...

The fact that there are right wingers who'll tow the party line doesn't impress me. Besides, I'm on the RIGHT side of this argument.. I'm for SPREADING the blessings of freedom, while you're for LIMITING them. Therefore, it wouldn't matter HOW many right wing women you line up against me.

excon
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2012, 09:30 AM
    Buddy, making more and more Americans dependent on government is not freedom, it's quite the opposite. Treating women and minorities as if they can't get by without the government's help is not empowering, it's quite the opposite. And don't whine to me about "toeing the party line," it doesn't get any more hyper-partisan than your side of the aisle.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2012, 09:47 AM
    Treating women and minorities as if they can't get by without the government's help is not empowering, it's quite the opposite.
    Hello again, Steve:

So, in the ABSENCE of rules against it, companies, on their own motion, WOULD pay women the same as men... In the ABSENCE of laws against it, black people wouldn't have to ride in the back of the bus... In the ABSENCE of laws against it, you think women would have choices over their own bodies...

Dude! Send me some of what YOU'RE smokin..

excon
    bdaino Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

May 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
    Honestly, I love to read questions like this. I like to see other's opinions, and I like to think about them myself... I won't post a deeply political answer on here, because I am supposed to be doing homework right now, and that would take a logn time. However, there is one thing I saw that I want to discuss.
    Quote: 'Reublicans are just fine with discrepency.' What? Really? I'm a republican conservative. No, I don't believe everybody in my party is clean or correct, and no, I don't believe that everybody who calls themselves a democrat is a fool, like so many of my colleagues believe.
    However, you have made a fool out of yourself by claiming that all republicans are fine with discrepency. In my seventeen years of life, the only thing I have learned from politicians is that they can make you angry. However, when as certain person's follower goes and vents out their frustration on an entire group, like you did above, they become just as foolish as the people they oppose so vehemently.
    So, in closing, no, I don't believe your point is valid. Republicans are not fine with discrepency. I am proof of this.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bdaino View Post
    Honestly, I love to read questions like this. I like to see other's opinions, and I like to think about them myself...I won't post a deeply political answer on here,

So, in closing, no, I don't believe your point is valid. Republicans are not fine with discrepency. I am proof of this.
    Hello b:

Hold on, Youngster... First off you say you're not going to post anything deeply political, and then you tear into me for posting something deeply political...

You're right, though. I should have been more specific. I didn't mean ALL Republicans. I meant the Republicans in congress who have the POWER to make law. THEY'RE the ones who think the discrepancy is fine, and what THEY think counts. That's who I was talking about.

But, if you hang around here, you may just find some Republicans who ARE fine with it.

excon
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2012, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

So, in the ABSENCE of rules against it, companies, on their own motion, WOULD pay women the same as men... In the ABSENCE of laws against it, black people wouldn't have to ride in the back of the bus... In the ABSENCE of laws against it, you think women would have choices over their own bodies...

Straw man. There are already rules against abusing women and pay discrimination, Roe v. Wade is settled and you can talk to Michelle Obama about patient dumping instead of dredging up that trite back of the bus crap.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Straw man. There are already rules against abusing women and pay discrimination
    Hello again, Steve:

Let me see. The Democrats passed a HUGE health care law when it wasn't necessary at all.. In fact, everybody get's all the care they need. Republicans are just trying to prevent wasteful duplication..

In that same vein, we don't need laws that protect women, either. Cause there already ARE those laws.. The Republicans are only trying to prevent wasteful duplication...

Since I know the first part ain't true, why should I believe the second part?

excon
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2012, 01:44 PM
    Let me see, the Democrats promised we could keep our insurance if we liked it, the cost has doubled from what was promised and they destroyed the first amendment in the process and still can't figure out why anyone would balk at raising the debt ceiling again without cutting spending while questioning Republican's patriotism while refusing to submit a budget for 3 years, and manufactured a mythical "war on women".

Why the heck should I trust them, they're just children pretending to be grownups for the sake of establishing their oligarchy so they can nanny all those people they lie about protecting.
    bdaino Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

May 21, 2012, 01:59 PM
    Hello b:

Hold on, Youngster... First off you say you're not gonna post anything deeply political, and then you tear into me for posting something deeply political...

You're right, though. I should have been more specific. I didn't mean ALL Republicans. I meant the Republicans in congress who have the POWER to make law. THEY'RE the ones who think the discrepancy is fine, and what THEY think counts. That's who I was talking about.

But, if you hang around here, you may just find some Republicans who ARE fine with it.

excon

Honestly, I'm relatively confident there are republicans who believe they are doing the right things with these kinds of bills, and in doing so, promote discrepancy. I have no doubt of this, and I am sure that these people are what raise your concerns. I only posted on the basis of your statement that we all uphold discrepency, and being that you have formally redacted and clarified that statement, we have no quarell. However, I would find it interesting if you could post something showing who exactly it is that is promoting discrepency, and with what bills they support it through, if that would be something you could do. I would like to read up on that.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2012, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bdaino View Post
    if you could post something showing who exactly it is that is promoting discrepency, and with what bills they support it through, if that would be something you could do.
    Hello again, b:

In my original post, there are some blue words. Those are links to articles.

excon
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Republican women are fighting back...

That’s what makes the Democrats’ message to American women so strange and unsettling. For the past few months, the Democrats have been accusing Republicans of waging a “war on women” as if some honest disagreements between the parties — over matters like how an “Obamacare” mandate should affect religious institutions or the proper scope of federal law on tribal land — constitute a deliberate GOP campaign to take away women’s rights.

Nothing could be further from the truth, and Republican women have been at the forefront exposing these myths. Let’s face it: Republican women — like us — would never be part of a party that didn’t believe in women’s rights, equal pay for equal work and strong laws against sexual violence. The Republican Party believes in all of those things.

We also believe in something else: We believe that women want to be empowered. We believe that women want independence. We want opportunities. We want an equal chance to succeed — no special favors and no glass ceilings. We want our daughters to have those same opportunities, that same chance to live the American dream. We want our sons to have it, too.

What policies promote freedom, opportunity and self-ownership? Certainly not the Democrats’ Big Government policies. The Democrats showed their hand recently with their “Life of Julia” infographic. The Obama campaign used this to illustrate how a typical woman is dependent on government programs from birth to death — and how the GOP is supposedly undermining those programs.

Leaving aside that everything the “Julia” campaign said about Republicans is either mostly wrong or totally wrong, “Julia’s” life is not typical of American women. Nor is it something that we aspire to. We don’t see our lives as a product of government handouts. In fact, we resent the idea that we owe our success to bureaucrats, and not our own initiative.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Republican women are fighting back...
    Hello Steve:

Wow. I never would have thunk Republican women would disagree with me... You could knock me over with a feather...

excon
    Uber Member

May 22, 2012, 10:05 PM
    Hello again, Steve:

Coat hanger abortions are fine, says Mississippi lawmaker, because ‘Hey, you have to have moral values’.

excon

Of course you'd never consider what they said or how illogical it for a woman to represent a party that hates women.
    Hello again, Steve:

I DO think it's illogical. The whole thing IS illogical.. But, should I not believe my lying eyes?? Here's the deal.. I DO consider what these women SAID.. I ALSO consider how they VOTED, and how they VOTED is at odds with what they SAY.

If given a choice to believe what they SAY or what they DO, I'm going to pick DO. Every single woman in the video who PROCLAIMED she was for women's rights, and equal pay for equal work, voted AGAINST the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.

There just ain't nothing more to say.

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2012, 10:11 PM
    Hello Steve:

Wow. I never woulda thunk Republican women would disagree with me... You could knock me over with a feather...

excon
    Hello, excon:

There are only 24 of them who do.

WG
    Uber Member

May 22, 2012, 10:22 PM
    Hello WG:

The Republicans seem to think that SAYING they're for women's rights, and BEING for women's rights are the same thing...

In fact, the very first congresswoman in Steve's video, Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, voted AGAINST the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.

I didn't look, but I'll bet the rest of 'em did too.

Bwa, ha ha ha ha.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2012, 03:37 AM
    Yeah that war on women and the war on religious freedom strategery is really working out for the Pres. Now he has those liberal bastions of academia ,Notre Dame U ,and The Catholic University of America joining in a lawsuit against the contraception mandate.
    His diversion over reaches to distract from the poor economy is FAIL .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2012, 04:12 AM
    It is sad you want to argue about such inconsequential issues when there are real issues to argue about

Women have got it all man
    Gina Rinehart named world's richest woman, ahead of Wal-Mart widow Christy Walton | News.com.au

And best of all not a Wall Street adviser in sight
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2012, 08:06 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Coat hanger abortions are fine, says Mississippi lawmaker, because ‘Hey, you have to have moral values’.

excon
    Sorry, but that's not what he said at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Obama's war on women [ 18 Answers ]

Why does Obama hate women? Add to that the fact that Obama doesn't care about real life issues women are facing such as gas and grocery prices instead of $9.00 contraceptives, and I'd say Obama is the one waging a war on women, not Republicans.

What personality traits do Black Women have vs. Asian, Iranian or White Women? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to think of myself as a strong willed and independent African American woman, and have been recently dating a person who is from Iran. Now for the most part things are great but I have a feeling that he doesn't understand the personality traits of Black Women vs.the women he has dated...

World War two prisnor of war camps [ 4 Answers ]

There was movie I saw, back in like the early 70's. The story line was a prisnor of war camp along the German/Swiss border or German/Austrian border. The POW's build a glider and launch it from the ridge of the top floor roof, using a tub that is dropped from several stories to provided the...

Is the Iraq War just merely a political conflict or really a War? [ 10 Answers ]

The Iraq War has been awfully quiet these days. I read historical documentaries about other wars and, every time there's a war, It would cause much panic and it would all be on the news and everything. Officials would be all over the nation trying to find recruits and signs are up. But the Iraq...

View more questions Search