Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evadne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2004, 05:56 AM
    MS WORD loss of text
    I have lost the first five pages of a 30-page document, probably when 'somebody' put an object on the keyboard. I discovered the problem later and can only assume that the 'backspace' or 'delete' was pressed. Can anybody tell me if it is possible to recover the lost text from my hard disk please? I have saved the document and logged off since the problem occurred so I can't simply 'undo' the error. Any ideas will be welcome.

Regards, Evadne
    Jabba Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2004, 04:27 PM
    MS Word makes periodic copies of files you have open. These are normally hidden and have a similar name to the file you are working on but the first character is replaced with a ~. These are auto recovery documents in case word kicks out or you get a power failure etc. It is possible although unlikely that a copy of your document might exist in that form. If it was saved before it was changed and then overwritten then an undelete program like Easy Recovery Pro might help.
    tonybarsons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2013, 01:44 PM
    MS Word data can be completely restored with the aid of following utility microsoft word doc fix online

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pdf to text [ 8 Answers ]

Are there some pdf's that won't let you copy them as text? I was trying to copy a table from http://www.icca.invensys.com/manuals/robertshaw/110-733c.pdf and couldn't copy it. I had no trouble copying a similar table from http://www.thermostatusa.com/pdf/CCREC01-Installation.pdf Once in a...

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

Scanning text into a Word XP document [ 4 Answers ]

My professor needs to have her published economics instructor's manual scanned into a Word document . What scanner and software is capable of doing this? The office has an old HP ScanJet 4C flatbed scanner. Thanks.

View more questions Search