Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kellybunny1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2003, 04:44 PM
    Cheer Help!
    Hey everyone! ::)

I've always been interested in cheerleading, I wasn't able to try out for the high school squad for freshman and sophomore year. I want to try out for jr. year, but that means I would be trying out for varsity, and I have no experience. :'(
    Should I go for it or do you think it's a bad idea? PLEASE HELP!
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2003, 12:34 AM
    Re: Cheer Help!
    Kelly, hi, sure why not? Well, you certainly can't be a freshman or a sophomore anymore. ;) But now that you're older (and wiser) and in your jr. year, you should be more physically prepared to try out cheerleading. And so what if it's called "varsity" during the junior year? The important thing is you got the spirit and enthusiasm for cheerleading, which is what you like.

I did the same thing during my junior year to try out cross-country running, which I had never try out before. I knew I was up against more experience runners, like in your case, but that just made me want to really focus and work harder at what I want to do and where I want to be.

So, your situation should be similar: your enthusiasm and desire should more than make up for your not having much cheerleading experience.

As long as you went through the try-outs and you made it into the cheerleading team, you are in the door. Now, it's just a matter of working out to show the rest of the cheerleading teammates and your coach you've got what it takes to be just as good and even better than other cheerleaders. Happy POM-POM Cheerleading! :D ;D

cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 07:52 PM
    I think it's a great idea!! You will never make it if you don't try out. Smile and do your best!! Show your spirt and sportmenship abilttys by listing to the coach and helping others out. If you really need help, try taking tumbling or cheerleading lessons to get you started. Good luck!! Hope this helped:)
    Sam1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellybunny1

I've always been interested in cheerleading, i wasnt able to try out for the high school squad for freshman and sophmore year. I want to try out for jr. year, but that means i would be trying out for varsity, and i have no experience. :'(
    Should I go for it or do u think it's a bad idea? PLEASE HELP!
    If I was you I would go to a cheerleading gym and take a privite lesson so that you can get better!
    Cheer4WPW Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2007, 08:50 AM
    I think you should definitely try out!! Good Luck!! ;)
    khscheerleader09 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellybunny1

I've always been interested in cheerleading, i wasnt able to try out for the high school squad for freshman and sophmore year. I want to try out for jr. year, but that means i would be trying out for varsity, and i have no experience. :'(
    Should I go for it or do u think it's a bad idea? PLEASE HELP!
    In my opinion just go for it. All that matters is that you try. Get someone to give you some tips and just work to the best of your ability. Every coach loves a good worker!! Go cheer!
    JasminBabe-x-X Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 04:28 AM
    I have always wanted to do cheerleading but where I live there is no squads.What should I do
    Help me
    khscheerleader09 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 09:04 PM
    You don't have squads at your school? If you don't, you might want to try starting your own. Get someone older with some experience that can supervise everyone until you can get the proper things you need to be a real squad. Starting a squad is pretty hard and expensive so make sure that it's what you want to do. Gather some of your friends and spread the word about starting a new squad. Maybe other girls feel like you and want to cheer also. Hope this advice helps. GO CHEER!!
    jgomez72896 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2011, 08:27 PM
    I tried out my freshman year and got on varsity.
    Its not hard to get on it, just remember the basics.
    Smile, be sharp, and if you mess up, don't show your frustration whatsoever.
    People in the crown don't want to see an unhappy cheerleader! :) Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search