Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattyluker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 03:32 PM
    24V HVAC transformer replacement part
    I have a Basler 24V 40VA 60Hz Class 2 HVAC transformer that is not putting out 24V. Checking 120V going in but nothing coming out. Looking to replace part but it seems to be vintage today. Can any transformer of these specs be used for replacement?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 20, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Very common transformer and is commonly available. Just be sure the VA is equal or greater than 40 VA.
    Many AC's use 240 vollt primary and 24 volt secondary, NOT 120 Volt Primary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

24v Transformer [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find a good source for a 24v transformer. I am working on a project that will use a digital home thermostat to control a couple of 24v relays. I've found all of the parts but a suitable, cheap, 24v thransformer. I thought this would be the easiest part to find but it is turning...

24v transformer [ 4 Answers ]

How do I wire up a 24v transformer in a furnace for thermostat? What does 24v & 24vA connect to? I have a problem of fusses blowing when I turn on the furnace.:confused: How does heating transformer work?

24v transformer [ 2 Answers ]

Need wiring diagram to wire in 24v transformer I have gas furnace and a regular condensing unit not a heat pump. Fan relay side is 120 v . Had old style fan relay which is no longer available was sold new trans with plug in fan relay. Wall thermo cycles condensing unit but blower fan in furnace...

How to install 24v transformer [ 2 Answers ]

I've installed a 24v transformer in my furnace. Old one out new one in. Simple. NOT! The heater kicks in, heats to the target temp. when done turns off then the funny thing: About 30-45 seconds later the blower comes back on and runs about 30-45 seconds then turns off. Does this 2 or 3 times....

24v transformer bad [ 3 Answers ]

My 24v transformer is bad on my gas pack heat and ac unit. I replace the transformer 2 months ago... I replaced it again yesterday. This time it went bad in 4-hours. What is shorted to blow the transformer? Also, DC is used to pull the a/c and fan relays, right? Where is the 24v ac...

View more questions Search