Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorraine179 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 10:12 AM
    Divorcing a tunisian man
    My tunisian husband and I want to divorce as I no longer love him . I married in tunisia I was told that if I want to divorce him I have to return to tunisia is this correct ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 20, 2012, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lorraine179 View Post
    my tunisian husband and i want to divorce as i no longer love him . i married in tunisia i was told that if i want to divorce him i have to return to tunisia is this correct ?
    No... you can divorce him in any country you currently reside in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2012, 01:39 PM
    You have no reason to return there to divorce him, IF you are now a resident of another country you may divorce him anywhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorcing a tunisian [ 2 Answers ]

I live on the isle of man, my husband is from tunisia and lives somewhere in London, he refuses to give me an address to send divorce papers to, even the police can not trace him after I asked for help as i believe he has remarried with out us divorcing. can I aply for divorce without him signing...

UK citizens divorcing a tunisian husband has 4 month old baby [ 3 Answers ]

Hi names Latifa and I have been married to my Tunisian husband for just over 3 years. He is on a marriage visa which expires in December 2009, we have a 4 month old daughter, but we have both had enough, he is mentally abusing calling me names and I’m tired of the whole thing, several other things...

Divorce advice for women divorcing tunisian man [ 1 Answers ]

My tunisian husband is still living in tunisia after we were married in November 2009, he is waiting for visa. I have strong feelings he married me for entrance to Europe. I now feel I want to divorce this man as I do not want to be with someone who has only used me. Any advice about how to go...

Divorcing a Tunisian [ 1 Answers ]

My Tunisian ex-husband says he is arranging a divorce and requires both my birth certificate and that of our son (who was born in the UK and lives with me). Is this correct? I am nervous about giving him our son's birth certificate in case he gets a passport for him.Can you help?

Divorcing my tunisian husband [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can anyone help me on this one? I'm married to a tunisian man but things are not working out as planned? Can I leagally divorce him? Would I still be liable for his debts or upkeep Will he be allowed to stay in the country if he is still on visa alowance?

View more questions Search