Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jack jackson Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Feb 25, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Getting your bones picked cleaned
    Anybody out there tired of getting there brains beat in by blackjack, you could be making costly mistakes or playing in second rate games and having your bones picked clean before you even finished your first beer. Maybe I could give you some sound advive in the do's and dont's about the fascinating worldclass of twentyone. Or maybe you could give me some, id like to hear your thoughts opinions and/or questions. Don't be another sheep about to sheered:cool:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Best advice, don't gamble at all, the dealer always has the odds.

Next if you do, never do it with money you can't afford to lose.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 09:47 AM
    I like Blackjack... but frankly I prefer it on a machine rather than wth a dealer, so I can take my time.

Memorize the recommended hit, stand and double chart - and do your best to count faces, knowing how many decks are in play, and that's all you can do.

What's your strategy?

Feb 25, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Does the machine shuffle after each round of play? Most of them do,if not all, I'm not sure, how many decks are in play 1,2,4,6,or8? Can you double after splits, does the dealer hit soft 17? This has a modest effect in basic strategy and should be compensated for, also there are fourteen changes from the one deck to the four deck or more strategy. More than likely the machines are set on a fixed rate. Like the games on the Inet are and should be avoided at all costs,unless you don't mind losing money.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 14, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Ever since Thorpe published "Beat the Dealer" everyone seems to think they can beat the game. The best way to play, I have found is to play 2 hands at the same time. Use a rank count and adjust your hit/stand accordingly. I always try to keep a separate of the 5's as they are the most important card in the count. Bet the same every hand and only double up when winning to increase the profits on a good shoe. Although you should play against a shoe because of the number of hands generated, I hate the fact that very poor players do very dumb things and it affects my play. I prefer heads up against the dealer at a higher minimum table. Ther's less chance of a $ 10 bettor sitting in.

Jun 15, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by westnlas
    Ever since Thorpe published "Beat the Dealer" everyone seems to think they can beat the game. The best way to play, I have found is to play 2 hands at the same time. Use a rank count and adjust your hit/stand accordingly. I always try to keep a seperate of the 5's as they are the most important card in the count. Bet the same every hand and only double up when winning to increase the profits on a good shoe. Although you should play against a shoe because of the number of hands generated, I hate the fact that very poor players do very dumb things and it affects my play. I prefer heads up against the dealer at a higher minimum table. Ther's less chance of a $ 10 bettor sitting in.
    BlackjackInfo.com: Blackjack Rules, Basic Strategy, Card Counting, and Tournament Advice

See Members list/jack,jackson /referrals requested

Message Boards, Not the Tournament site!Left hand panel. Cya there wes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How often should you have your septic tank cleaned out? [ 20 Answers ]

Just wondering how often you should have septic pumped? I have 2 full baths, dishwasher, Clothes Washer, 2 utility sinks, etc... My wife and I are the only onesliving here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Puppies and bones [ 4 Answers ]

What kind of real bones are safe to give to a puppy. Was always told to never give dogs chicken bones because they can choke on them. So, we gave our 13 week old puppy a spare rib bone and we think he ate the entire thing in about a half hour. Is this even possible, and how dangerous is it? We...

Rawhide bones [ 2 Answers ]

I heard rawhide is not good for dogs. Is this true? If so, how come? Thanks everyone

I picked up a pregnant stray yesterday [ 2 Answers ]

I live in the desert and it was 127 yesterday and I seen a stray cat outside a truck stop. She is as big as a house. So I decided it's too hot to let her stay in this heat so I took her home. Well anyway she was acting very sweet and loving and later last night she started hissing at everyone that...

View more questions Search