Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goatrat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2012, 12:29 PM
    How can I fix quad muscle strain in time for track meet
    I pulled left quad last October. It seemed to heal, but when I stand up from the ground on one leg(left) it twinges. Yesterday, after 6 long jump runups and 3x60m on the track I ran a 90% 100m and the quad started hurting somewhat at about 70m. I came home and iced for 20 min. There is no swelling and no pain on walking, but if I press on an area it feels somewhat sore. The stretches cause slight pain. I have a track meet coming up at end of June. Can I continue to train with stretches before running and icing at home if I don't get worse? Since I am 68 things do not heal as well, I guess, but I have set many records in jumps and sprints and don't want to miss this meet.
    andrewjg Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Hi,

This may sound rather silly as you probably already done so but, it sounds like you need to rest up for a bit, as by training with severe muscle,ligiment damage can have long lasting damage your best bet is to consult a doctor or physiopherapist. I am only replying to this as I had a severe ankle break inclusive of muscle and ligament damage previously and drove to germany 3 weeks later from the UK 13hrs driving roughly and the pain and discomfort for not resting for the duration of the healing process has left me with lasting damage at 21 years old.

Hope this helps somewhat

Andy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quad Muscle Pull [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled my quad playing softball 2 weeks ago, I am playing my next game on Sunday, it is still a bit sore, and I know running might cause the strain again, but is there anything I can do to prepare my leg for when I run? Someone told me to tape it up? I tried stretching it and it hurt, should I...

Muscle strain? [ 3 Answers ]

At work I had to lift a desk in order to run some wiring. The desk is extremely heavy and I had to strain pretty hard to lift it. I held it up for about 10 seconds so my co-worker could run the wires underneath. When I put it down my abdomen area hurted. Is it possible to hurt an organ by...

Rehabbing a quad muscle [ 1 Answers ]

I tore my front quad muscle off the bone. I had surgery and am now in rehab but I cannot get my knee to bend more than 90 degrees. What excersizzes should I do?

Quad muscle pull [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter plays volleyball, and recently is having problems with her outer quad muscle. Very painful on lift off.

View more questions Search