Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Julesiscool Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2012, 06:54 PM
    14 year old runner with chondromalacia platella
    I am 14 and had been running for the past 3 years and this cross country season was diagnosed with chondromalacia platella .My family won't let me compete any more (I still get to run occasionally) which stinks. They and my. Cross country coach both said not to compete through hight school because the believe when I grow up consistent running on my bad knee will make me have bad knee problems when I'm in my 20s or 30s maybe even lead knee replacement. I was offered 3 different surgerys for my chrondromalacia knee but they only have a 50-50 chance to work. It's been 9 moths sinc I was diagnosed, I still run occasionally like I said and have pain and flare ups as well as my other knee begging to expirience the same problems. I just want advice on weather or not I should be aloud to run cross country and track or not and if so is it possible it lead to bad future adult hood knee issues
    ladye215 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 07:40 PM
    Hi. You are still young and maybe your destiny as a talented runner might seem like it came to a devestatimg hault but look at the bright side of things. Maybe you are destined for something greater or more special in life. Age is never an obstacle because you can do whatever you put your mind to . Use this health problem to your advantage. Things happen to good people not because they deserve it or not but because God uses these circumstances to bring these people to a much higher calling and purpose. My opinion I see this as an opportunity in your case to look deep within yourself and finding out a way to use this situation and make it work to your advantage and for a purpose in becoming a great and inspirational person in life for yourself and others. Whether you will continue in this path of running, one things for sure and that is nothing can ever stop you from running toward your future and goals in life. Good luck and God bless :)
    Julesiscool Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2012, 05:05 AM
    Thank you , that is very good advice!
    ladye215 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Anytime, Im glad I could help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beginning runner needs help [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently trying to train for what's called an Eco Challenge and I'm starting by running mainly. I need to work up quickly to 4miles and I'm struggling at 2 1/2 right now. I need breathing tips also. Hopeful jogger :eek:

Aisle runner [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married outside... when is the aisle runner unrolled? Is it just for the Bride to walk on? Someone help me... thanks!

Road runner [ 2 Answers ]

Help I have 2 desktop computers eash one is on each end of my house. And I just had road runner hooked up to one. And would like to hook the other one up. So what do I need to set the other one up to the internet. I was told all I need is to put a wireless router on it. Then I was told that I would...

Blade runner [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a 2nd year architecture student and we recently had to watch "Blade Runner" to find the post-modernism elements in it. We haven't learnt much about post-modernism yet, so the lecturer might still explain, but I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me till then! What was I meant to be looking...

Road Runner items [ 6 Answers ]

Need help in locating Road Runner items to add to my tiny collection. Anyone know where to find anything for the Road Runner? Have tried a search on the net and not very much out there. Your help would be appreciated. The Road Runner is a cartoon character along with the Coyote who's always trying...

View more questions Search