Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

May 17, 2012, 03:49 PM
    Hcg levels
    Well it has been quite some time since I have been on here. I hope everyone is well. I do have a question and hope someone can help set my mind at ease. I just found out via a HPT that I am pregnant. Today was the day my period was due and I took 3 different tests and all of them were a very very faint positive. So I called the doctors office and asked for a blood test. They just called and she said my HCG level is only 13. This seems super low and she sounded concerned as well. She is having me test again in 2 days. Is this normal? Can it still continue as a normal healthy pregnancy?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 17, 2012, 04:15 PM
    Hi,

Congrats on your pregnancy! There is quite a range for hcg levels in the early weeks and your levels fall within this range. When you have another blood draw to check for the increase you will know more as a one time level doesn't tell a great deal.

May 17, 2012, 04:28 PM
    Thank you. That's kind of what I was thinking but she was acting like something was wrong and kept saying that's really low. So it was kind of freaking me out. Thanks.

May 17, 2012, 04:34 PM
    The other thing that kind of threw me off a bit was the one HPT that I used said it detects 50 m and that was a faint positive. So the blood hcg only being 13 was weird to me. I always thought the blood one was higher.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 17, 2012, 04:56 PM
    The blood one will usually be more accurate and will pick up a lower level sooner. If things are going well, your level should show a good increase on the next check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HCG levels [ 8 Answers ]

SO Thursday I found out that I am pregnant (I took a home pregnancy test) so I was wandering I got my blood work back today and my Hcg was only in the high 400 so I was wandering if this is normal. Also, if I got pregnant on Clomid will that increase my risk of a miscarriage

HCG levels [ 1 Answers ]

So I am 4 weeks 2 days pregnant and my HCG level was 1383 Sunday and then Tuesday it was 1800 is it okay for it to increase slowly as long as it increases?

Hcg levels [ 8 Answers ]

I just went in for my first Dr appointment today. My husband and I are unsure as to how far along I am because I just stopped breastfeeding my 15 month old little girl and I never got a period. The Nurse was unable to find anything on vaginal ultrasound and said it was prob just too early. The last...

Hcg levels ? [ 2 Answers ]

My hcg went from89 to 398 3 days apart to 4123 in 5 days is it multipules? My husband is in the army my last period was may 29th only seen my hubby June 4 through 9 so I ca only be a couple weeks

HCG Levels [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I'm looking for information about twins and hcg levels. At 7 weeks, I was measuring at 165,000 mIu. I know that the range for singletons is from 7500-229000 for 7-8 weeks... but I was wondering if these numbers could be indicative of twins. My first u/s or doppler...

View more questions Search