Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pooh bear 16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 11:36 AM
    Underage dating Louisiana
    I am 16 and my boyfriend is 19. He turns 20 in July and I turn 17 in October. If we have sex will he get in trouble. Even after my birthday?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 17, 2012, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pooh bear 16 View Post
    i am 16 and my boyfriend is 19. he turns 20 in july and i turn 17 in october. if we have sex will he get in trouble. even after my birthday?
    Depends on what you call trouble. If its being arrested in front of friends and coworkers and having your name in the paper as well as going to prison so he can find a new boyfriend then declaring for the rest of his life that he is a registered sex offender. If that's not trouble then your OK.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 17, 2012, 01:19 PM
    Until you are 18 you are under the control of your parents. If you are dating without their permission he can get in trouble.

The age of consent in LA is 17 Louisiana - Age of Consent Laws | Moral Outrage however, its complicated by age gaps.

NO ONE should engage in sexual intercourse unless they are physically, financially and emotionally prepared to have a child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage dating [ 14 Answers ]

This is in Texas . Is it illegal if a 16 year old boy is dating a 24 year old guy and they're having sexual intercourse but they have been together for over 6 months and the 16 year old boys parents aprrove of the relationship

Laws on dating in Louisiana [ 1 Answers ]

So I'm 18 going on 19 march of this year. The guy I am planning on dating is 16 going on 17 this June. The only thing holding us back is the age and the fact that we aren't positive if its illegal or not. Someone help me out please

Underage dating law Louisiana [ 2 Answers ]

I am 14 and my boyfriend is 17 I am turning 15 in October is it legal for me to date him in the state of Louisiana.. I do not plan on having sex with him.

Underage dating [ 6 Answers ]

What us the legal age of dating in Indiana?

Underage dating [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old female dating a 25 year old male. What are the laws preventing us to date and what are the consequenes?

View more questions Search