Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marijkesnoeck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Broadcom asf management application
    Hi

Recently a friend helped me out with my PC. He admitted having installed some kind of remote control in order to be able to help from a distance in the future. But with that application he had access anytime - nomore privacy on my PC. I asked him to stop that and he says he did.

Now I find on my PC "broadcom asf managment application".
    As far as I understand the description of it, this IS a remote control. On the other hand I saw a post of someone who lost internet entirely by deleting broadcom gigabit integrated controller, which I also have.

... The PC is working again now so I don't want to do anything wrong:
    Are these programs/tools a way to acces my PC from a distance?
    If so, can I delete broadcom asf management application without causing problems? Can I delete the gigabit controller?

Thanks for your advise
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

May 21, 2012, 04:45 AM
    The best solution is to get a firewall.

Most antivirus companies have a internet security package that includes a firewall.

There are a few free firewalls out there but I use ZoneAlarm. This program totally controls the network traffic on your PC. I lets you know exactly what program wants to use the internet and gives you an option to block or allow traffic.

Hope this helps
    Grant
    marijkesnoeck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 02:07 AM
    Thanks for your reply! I will try it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is broadcom gigabit integrated controller for? [ 1 Answers ]

What's it for? Do I need it?

Broadcom Gigabit Integrated Controller removed. [ 1 Answers ]

The "Broadcom Gigabit Integrated Controller" on my laptop has been deleted by accident. I now have lost all contact with the internet on my laptop. How do I get this reinstalled? I have tried System Restore with no success. Now I am stumped and since I am relatively new to computers I don't...

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application? [ 1 Answers ]

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application?

Management [ 5 Answers ]

In what situations do you believe that the external environment of the firm is more important than the internal environment as a determinant of the firm’s profitability? Explain :confused:

View more questions Search