Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calenja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2004, 03:40 AM
    Twin star system
    I am thinking about twin star system with 2 stars (similar in mass)
    What would be a shape of planet orbit in these system? Is it possible existing 8-shaped orbit? Is it possible existing of planet in the centre of gravity in this system?
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Dec 10, 2004, 06:57 AM
    No, these configurations are not stable.
    If a planet would be part of the system, it most probably would orbit around one of the stars.
    However, it's widely accepted that dual star systems have no planets.
    Stronghold Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2005, 02:35 PM
    I agree with the master expert. The fields of gravity would be unstable thus making a path of orbit impossible. BUT on the other hand if the stars gravity pull was equal this might create a equal pull to both stars and if a "planet" got stuck in this it could remain their.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Twin kids movie name [ 5 Answers ]

OK so there was this boy and girl, they were twins... and they got separated or something... something maybe having to do with a vegetable or fruit cart? Anyway... they meet again some time later and when they put their palms together this purple light is there... and then they have to help do...

Twin Tower Question [ 7 Answers ]

If the architects were aware of the design's susceptibility to heat why didn't any of them make a quick call to inform those who were in danger of the buildings collapsing on them?

Briggs 18 twin [ 1 Answers ]

I have a MG Ward 18/42 Briggs twin, Having oil seeping from what appears to be the left cylinder base. Is the Jug removable or cast into the main block. Cylinder head looks easy enough to remove but the problem appears low end. Thanks rirog

Every one has a twin [ 17 Answers ]

Well, guys and gals, we have all heard that everyone has a twin somewhere in this world. Well, my daughter found hers in 3rd grade and they have been best friends ever since. My husband could not even tell them apart for a brief moment after he met the twin. Their third grade teacher had to put...

18 horse Briggs twin 2 [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model riding mower w/an 18 horse briggs twin II and I Rebuilt the carb and it ran fine for a little while but now it seems like It is starving for gas! It has spark! Can anyone help me Thanks Bill:

View more questions Search