Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crystal_Lee19 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 08:55 PM
    I need an answer
    I am 19 years old and for the last 2 years my cycle has been between 30-33 days apart.. never more or less. I had unprotected sex on February 11th and then on February17th I noticed what I thought was typical pregnancy symptoms(also,these symptoms have accumulated over the last week and a half)like breast tenderness, sore erect nipples, headaches, some waves of nausea, extreme bloating, cramps, lower back pain,hot flashes, and some serious dizzy spells.. I felt like I was going to pass out, not to mention how absolutely exhausted I have felt for the last week. Anyway, according to my calculations my period was due anywhere from Feb 23rd-26th. Well, I got what I though was my period on day 28 of my cycle(February 20th)(which is normal for someone with a regular cycle) I bled a normal flow that day and thought I was worrying for nothing. BUT over the next two days the bleeding subsided and became red/brown spotting and now is gone. I am just wondering if this is a possible implantation bleed. It would've been 9or 10dpo. (I forgot to mention that I've never had anything but a 5 day period.. 3 days heavy tow days light) PLEASE HELP ASAP. I wouldn't say I have an addiction but I have a drug habit and wish to stop if there is a possibility I could be pregnant. I am not here for judgement just advice.
    CatherinenDaniel Posts: 58, Reputation: 6

Feb 24, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Wow... you should really want to stop your drug habit regardless of pregnancy.. And I may be wrong, but were you trying to fall pregnant?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Depending on what drug habit your dealing with. These things can cause changes in your hormones which can actually cause changes in your period as well. It does sound like you could be pregnant. You need to see a ob/gyn or family doctor asap. Especially considering your at high risk and the baby or should I say possible baby is in a high risk group.
    You need to be open with your doctor about your drug use. If you do not ask for help, you will never get it.

Like the above poster said as well, you should be try to get help to stop the drug use even if you were not pregnant.

Good luck to you.

Joe
    loukabooga Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Lee19
    I am 19 years old and for the last 2 years my cycle has been between 30-33 days apart..never more or less. I had unprotected sex on February 11th and then on February17th I noticed what i thought was typical pregnancy symptoms(also,these symtoms have accumulated over the last week and a half)like breast tenderness, sore erect nipples, headaches, some waves of nausea, extreme bloating, cramps, lower back pain,hot flashes, and some serious dizzy spells..I felt like I was gonna pass out, not to mention how absolutely exhausted I have felt for the last week. Anyways, according to my calculations my period was due anywhere from Feb 23rd-26th. Well, I got what I though was my period on day 28 of my cycle(February 20th)(which is normal for someone with a regular cycle) I bled a normal flow that day and thought I was worrying for nothing. BUT over the next two days the bleeding subsided and became red/brown spotting and now is gone. I am just wondering if this is a possible implantation bleed. It would've been 9or 10dpo. (I forgot to mention that I've never had anything but a 5 day period..3 days heavy tow days light) PLEASE HELP ASAP. I wouldn't say I have an addiction but I have a drug habit and wish to stop if there is a possibilty I could be pregnant. I am not here for judgement just advice.
    Hi,
    I had a friend who smoked weed ever since I knew her, round 10 years, she also loved speed...
    She got pregnant a month after she last used and thought she'd miscarry, but the pregnancy progressed. Unfortunately, the baby was born with gastroschisis, where the intestines are on the outside of the body. It could have been life threatening but things turned out fine and she has a lovely 2 year old now! The moral of my story is (sorry! ) she heard that this condition is linked to drug use and she is so guilty for inflicting this on her little boy.

I don't judge you in the slightest. We've all had a past. It's just that babies can be born with defects, not just addictions, when the mother uses. It's worth bearing in mind, if you're not pregnant and do want to conceive, I'd recommend stopping the drugs for at least 6 months before trying. You'd feel so much guilt if you went through what my best friend went through.

Good luck with everything. My friend says having her son saved her life because she didn't know if she'd ever stop doing drugs!
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 8, 2007, 02:58 PM
    There is always a possibility of pregnancy and you need to either stop your drug habit now or try to get help to stop it as soon as possible, the first 12 weeks of pregnancy are crucial in a baby's development. The bleeding you describe could possibly be implantation bleeding:-
    When does implantation bleeding occur?
    Usually 5-12 days after ovulation, so just around the time that you would be getting your period. Bleeding during ovulation is something different.

What does implantation bleeding look like?
    Implantation bleeding signs are a light pink or brown colored spotting.

How long does implantation bleeding last?
    The duration varies for each woman.

Good luck and please try to get help with your drug problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to know this [ 2 Answers ]

I was unvolved in a crime where I made a police statement basically convicting the defendant. If this went to court and I committing purgery by lying under oath saying something completely opposite of what my original police statement said what would happen? I know it would be purgery, but what's...

Anyone! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having a lot of trouble getting pregnant. I'm 21 years old I'm married and were both ready. I have my period twice in a month. I don't know if I can get pregnant if my period is like this. I've been trying for 9m to get pregnant and nothing but I did take a test it said yes then I...

Please let me know [ 1 Answers ]

determine by induction all the positive integers valuesof n for which n^3>2^n .prove your claim by mathematical induction

Please help... asap.. thank you [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I have a dvd disk of Pink Floyd live in concert. Is there any way on my computer that I can burn just the music cd so I can listen to it in my car or on any other cd player. You can contact me at [email protected] or [email protected] Thanks, Paul

View more questions Search