Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kattygirl Posts: 131, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Anyone have any info on this for me?
    We have been unable to locate records on the puppy we adopted so we took him to the vet. The initial visit went well she said he is a prime example of a dauchaund. Not fat and full of energy. They took a stool sample though to verify things. Well today the vet called to say our dog has Giardia ? And Whip worm? Are these serious? Are they contagious to humans? When the vet called she said that she would have rx for him on Monday. We tried to ask questions but she was very busy and said he would be fine and she would explain on Monday. Well... it doesn't help worrying over the weekend but I can't help it. I have always had cats and they were simple compared to this dog thing.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Dogs do seem to require more medical attention than in the past. The Gardia? And whip worms are fairly common, but usually yield to treatment. Most dog diseases don't spread to people, ring worms being one exception.

Might take a look at ''What does a puppy need?'', https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171

Post back as more questions come up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need quick info [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for information on a lost work of art, now in my possession. The artist is Gean Smith, famous for paintings of racing horses. The work is in some black and white medium; is approximately 14x22; in a plain wooden frame with glass; is signed and dated 1911. The content is of a race in...

Urgent info... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Is there anyone who knows the websites which provide the information about Big4 audit firms? I know a few, e.g. www.big4.com and the individual websites of each. But I just wanted to know if there is any useful site. Thanks in anticipation... I would be grateful for your concern...

Need some info [ 3 Answers ]

Hello; What website , can I go 2 , for senior citizens . Thank you Joseph21

Incorrect info or is it right? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17, and have been trying to find a sure answer on a question for a while. My boyfriend is 21, and I was wondering if my parents found out we were sexually active, I they could 1) press charges and if they can, then 2) if they can press charges against my will. I live in Michigan, and I read...

View more questions Search