Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobgarcia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 11:04 AM
    How to separate tile from carpet
    Hi,on my second story I want to install new flooring but to break up the flooring that leads to bedrooms I was think of installing either wood or something like granite as thresholds directly under each door.I notice this a lot when I stay at hotels how there is some kind of marble or something as a threshold under the bathroom door that separates the bathroom tile from the room carpet. Its usually a very dark color like black or dark brown.have you seen this look in residential homes? I like the look because its different and it would close up( a little bit) bigs gaps under the doors and I think it would simplify future flooring installs in the years to come.any suggestions and why do you think they really do that for at hotels
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2012, 04:09 PM
    U should be able to get the saddle you like at most big box stores. If the store in your area does not have marble saddles, you will be able to get one at any ceramic tile store. They will have the right size for your door opening.

Chuck
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 14, 2012, 08:01 PM
    I have marble thresholds between any carpet or wood and tile floors. They are available at HD, Lowe's and others.
    EZHangDoor Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 12:30 PM
    If the carpet is close to the same height as the tile, just turn the carpet under itself and staple it to the floor. That makes a fairly smooth transition from one room to the next. Also make sure the joint between the two floorings is half way between the door when closed.

EZHangDoor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carpet to Tile transition [ 10 Answers ]

I have the tile intalled and will be installing the carpet up to it. The border will be 11 feet long and runs across part of my basement from wall to wall. I would like to just butt the carpet up to the tile and tuck it in without using threshold which would visually separate the two areas. My...

Carpet to Tile Threshold tucking carpet in [ 3 Answers ]

I am putting slate mosaic tile in my entryway from my garage (it used to be vinyl type). The entryway opens into by basement room via a doorway that is approximately 32 inches wide and the basement room has carpet. The floor is concrete and there is currently a metal transition strip in place. I...

Carpet to tile transition [ 3 Answers ]

I may have missed up already. I installed tile before the carpet in room. I have put tile in the walkways of entrance in main door but door is halfway between room. Is there anyway I can put carpet to it without putting a top strip on the carpet.

Carpet Versus Tile In A Home! [ 5 Answers ]

Recently, we have been researching the Florida area for houses! What our biggest concern is what flooring would better suit a house! Should carpet be placed in the bedrooms? Is tile throughout a house the best way to go? We do want to keep the costs down but we were thinking along the...

Tile under carpet? [ 2 Answers ]

The previous owners of my townhome were big into tile. Master bedroom has that multicolored slate looking tile. My tile guy was amazed (retiled a bathroom floor for me) - said he'd never seen that in a bedroom before. In this room, I've got area rugs to keep my feet warm! Truth be told, it...

View more questions Search