Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frisky biscuit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 07:12 PM
    1982 chevy 1500, new fuel pump still won't start
    I have a 1982 chevy C/K 1500 V8, 305
    I just replaced the fuel pump, and I cannot get the truck to run.
    When the carburetor is full of fuel, it will catch and run until that fuel is out. After that though, it will not catch.
    I checked the hard lines from the tank to the pump and I have no fuel, or from the pump to the carburetor the line is dry, even when I replaced the pump, I put fuel in it.. thinking this would prime it.

Should I blow the line out? What am I missing?

Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 14, 2012, 05:41 AM
    Replace the fuel filter inside the carburetor. If necessary, use air to ensure the fuel line is open, which it likely is. I've seen new mechanical pumps fail out of the box. Is it an ACDelco fuel pump?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

?92 chevy 1500 fuel pump problems [ 1 Answers ]

I got a 92 chevy 1500 4x4 with the 5.7 in it I just put new fuel pump gas tank fuel filter fuel pump relay an fuse but the fuel pump is still not getting any power so now what can I do to trouble shoot the rest

What is the hot wire on the fuel pump on a 1994 chevy 1500 5.7 [ 1 Answers ]

My fuel pump isn't coming on I put a new fuel pump relay in but it still won't come on I'm going to try to find out if the fuel pump is bad so I'm going to run a hot wire to it and see if it comes on but I don't know witch wire is the hot wire on the fuel pump

A 1994 chevy 1500 4.3 ran fine then lost fuel at the injectors. Got fuel won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Truck cutoff suddenly, lost fuel at the injectors. Put in new fuel pump, no fuel at injectors, put in new cpu, no fuel still, put in new module in distributer, got fuel at the injectors but now truck won't start, engine is in time and I have fire. Any answers please help

99 chevy 1500 fuel pump fuse [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the fuse for the fuel pump located on a 99 Chevy silverado... I am not sure if this is the problem but I would like to see if it is before I get in too deep, it is not my battery but my truck will not start it seems like it is trying just not getting any fuel... I put some dry gas in it to...

View more questions Search